What is this part? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is the piece in the photo? It has something wrapped in eletrical tape. It is between the MAF and the throttle body right? Sorry, but I'm new to this fuel injection stuff. If this is leaking vacuum it is not good. I'm afraid to mess with it because it might break :eek: .

We took the cruiser on it's first road trip today and it seemed on up grades that there was an area in the throttle movement that it had no responce. Push the pedal nothing, push it more nothing than it would repond when it would kick down a gear. Could this piece on the intake create this issue? thx matt
IMG_2039.jpg

looks like a cheesy fix on the stock elbow to me.

But I am not a 3F guy..

thats a air intake hose, very important as it supplies filtered air/vac to the iac motor (idle air control) u can get it from the dealer or good used, pm me for latter. i come across alot of them at work. check the boot at the throttle body too they crack in the grooves

As far as the throttle response goes, you're tranny kick-down cable is not adjusted correctly. There are two cables going to the throttle body. One should wrap around towards the driver's side before going through the fire wall.

The second cable goes to the passenger side and down to the tranny. Sounds like you need to adjust (tighter for what you described) this cable. This assumes of course the cable is not stuck as they tend to become and you may need to clean or replace it. And of course your vacuum leak may be adding to this.

Steve

x2 on kickdown cable adjustment, and get the hose replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom