What is this outlet? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK I replaced my cig lighter, not hard job for that. However had a dificulty with the dash bezel. It was cracker in 2 places, epoxy fixes easy, but two of th screw holes fell apart when I removed it. I did not want to spend $$ on the bezel. So I improvised and blocked one end with putty and filled other end with filler epoxy. Voila! 2 new improved screw holes so the lags will hold the bezel. See attached pics.

Question in one photo what us that spare connector for? Can I use it to hook up to my new Inclinometer. Thanks to Saucebox!

Appreciate everyones thoughts.

View attachment 20170816_202105.jpg

20170816_193904.jpg

20170816_193900.jpg

OK I replaced my cig lighter, not hard job for that. However had a dificulty with the dash bezel. It was cracker in 2 places, epoxy fixes easy, but two of th screw holes fell apart when I removed it. I did not want to spend $$ on the bezel. So I improvised and blocked one end with putty and filled other end with filler epoxy. Voila! 2 new improved screw holes so the lags will hold the bezel. See attached pics.

Question in one photo what us that spare connector for? Can I use it to hook up to my new Inclinometer. Thanks to Saucebox!

Appreciate everyones thoughts.

Test it with a multimeter with the key in and switched on. If you read +12ish V, you can [probably] power accessories with it.

Noticed the same one when I pulled my dash apart on Tuesday. Was planning on testing with the multimeter once I am finished repainting and repairing the surround.

I'm thinking use foe the Inclinometer/clock and/or maybe fog lights
Actually there is a different on, at least on my 85 60, that comes out of the original stereo plug loom that I believe is that.
The plug in question here is too low and short to be the Inclinometer. Would really only reach that last blank right before the ash tray.

Ryan @CaptClose hooked up an inclinometer... maybe he can chime in when he has a moment between all his gallivanting out in the Rocky Mountains.

It would really help to know what year the truck is... But on the '88 wiring diagrams, your colors very nearly match the power antenna switch, which is dead behind the shift handle in this pic:

'88 FJ62 Dash Switches (for phone apps)

Is it near that location?

Forgot to update that when I put my panel back in I messed with this plug...
It is a four wire/plug outlet that has a white with black stripe (typically ground), red with blue ring (typically 12v of some sort) and then two other wires that did not seem to do anything. The 12v (red with blue ring) was powered in ACC and in RUN so you could easily use it for a stereo or other accessory keyed on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom