What is this nipple for? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just to the left of the license plate...
I do not think it is to inflate the spare, the hose from it led to nothing (like a compressor, etc.)...
???

Aussie (NSW area) bumper.
phpwZHpJUPM.jpg

G'day HJShiela,

The air shock explanation would be correct. Air shocks fitted with a car valve so they could be easily inflated at the local service station were really popular in Australia in the 80's. The valve would usually be mounted on the rear bumper like yours. Everyone got around with these really strange looking rakes towards the front of the vehicle like hot-rods. Looked bloody silly unless you were actually towing about 5 tonnes.

Cheers,

Ben

Needed: HELP identifying this suspension modification

What suspensions mods do you see here?
Any other comments about condition, rust, etc?

I am just getting familiar with my TLC, my first 4x4.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

I'll give it a try....stock shackles and steering stabiliser, but the springs appear to be OME? Look a little more beefier than stock. Yellow shocks could also be OME. Factory U-bolts.
Frame appears to be in good shape. If not great.

Nipples are for lactating, and feeding the young in most mammilian species, Usually this applies to only the female of the species, So why do men and Landcruisers have nipples? It's on my list of things to ask God if I ever get the chance.

Are we talking about nipples or knuckles?

One of my best friends is named Bill Nuckols (and he owns a set of nipples), and we all call him, of course "Nuckols". He's an attorney and toyed with the idea of opening a firm with a classmate of ours, Troy Payne. Nuckols and Payne, P.A. Attorneys at Law. Yes, I am serious.

OK back to our rigs...

I have pictures currently unavailable with a stock FJ60 next to my HJ60. Mine stood at least 4" taller, but his springs might have ben shot. Can anyone judge from the following photo what lift this rig has? It sported this funky paint scheme for about a month. I bought it white, added the green and got replacement doors from two different vehicles (obviously). I later hit it with some rattle can white until I chop my roof and weld on a new one. Then, I am shooting for...
phpV3lF5lPM.jpg

Herculiner on the fenders, grille, bumpers, hood, rocker panels and steps (like the picture on the left). Emerald (candy almost) green on the body, and a crocodile skin pattern in the side panel, subtle but there, shadowy. Why does the line-x truck still have the chrome window trim? Oversight.

Anyone want to take a crack at it with Photoshop?
Black and green.JPG.jpg
croc skin.jpg
Emerald FJ60.jpg

Last edited:
measure from the ground to a repeatable point on the body, say the top of the wheel arch. someone around here will be able to give a good idea if it's lifted from those numbers by comparing to their truck.

I have, they know me (but haven't met in person yet. Gainesville.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom