What is it? Voodoo charm? Lost necklace? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looked at a diesel Prado for sale yesterday. Opened the air filter box and check out what was inside - see the photos below.
Spring metal with what appear to be ceramic beads inside.
What is it?
F709462F-5BC7-4540-94E3-2248E2C950B3.jpeg
C5D8C850-2A3A-47D7-A76E-C78B0EF9E712.jpeg

My guess is they make the air intake quieter. What make and model is it? Could also be some rare earth fuel saver gadget

I cant see anything in the parts diagram. Im leaning to some kind of fuel efficiency quackery. Secret rare earth elements polarizing the fuel to the earths magnetic field to rearrange the fuel molecules causing them to feel like they are releasing more energy.

The giveaway is how they are fitted. I doubt Toyota would fit them like a doubled over pearl necklace sitting in the bottom of the air intake.

I cant see anything in the parts diagram. Im leaning to some kind of fuel efficiency quackery. Secret rare earth elements polarizing the fuel to the earths magnetic field to rearrange the fuel molecules causing them to feel like they are releasing more energy.

The giveaway is how they are fitted. I doubt Toyota would fit them like a doubled over pearl necklace sitting in the bottom of the air intake.

isnt that only effective in gas engines? probably more likely a secret smuggling hiding spot

What parts diagram resources do you use?
Just curious in case we end up with it.

What parts diagram resources do you use?
Just curious in case we end up with it.
You cant access toyodiy without a VPN in North America. Toyota in your country got it banned

You actually can access toyodiy in North America ( in Canada, at least, which is a small part of NA, last I checked...). You just have to be a member of it. I’ve been using it for years and years without problem.

Maybe those are desiccant balls? Previous owner wanted to keep humidity out of the air box. My guess.. never heard of anyone doing anything like that though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom