What have you been doing with your Toyota? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep. It’s been done.
Glued in windshield needs a few special tools but it’s not too hard. Removing good glass without breaking, to be reinstalled, is the most tricky.

our old school guy uses a flat blade on a sawzall with water to lubricate to cut the urethane and remove the glass
a vibratory cutter tool will work also

UcN8gbR.jpeg

Still trying to figure out exactly how I’d like these to run. First things first though..screws are barely holding these flaps to the fender. Gotta refresh the hardware. Don’t wanna lose the flaps on the highway!

Finally pulled the trigger on a new windshield. I've had bad luck with a few local glass shops. This mobile tech with Safelite was out here from Spokane and had done the 100 series before. He did a good job. But also mentioned the guys in the shop here in Bozeman are pretty green. I'll request his mobile service for another car later this month, to avoid the newbies.

View attachment 3595631
I need that guys name. My 470 needs new glass and I have a leak.

For many MT folks, spring time is when we dig our head out of the snow and fly down south in search of more sunshine and maybe a little red sand...

At the end of March, I took a road trip down to Arizona and made a few stops in Utah along the way. Also made stops near Sedona, Jerome, Grand Canyon, and Zion. One of the big highlights was to spend 3 nights on the White Rim Trail in Moab. This was something I have been wanting to do for a few years now, and it was awesome! A little threat of the western access point (Mineral Bottom Road switchbacks) being closed because of rain a few days prior, but the weather was PERFECT the entire time we were there. I did find a (watery) mud puddle that was a little deeper then expected and painted my front end...
20240318_145114.jpg
20240318_153606.jpg
20240320_114345.jpg

For many MT folks, spring time is when we dig our head out of the snow and fly down south in search of more sunshine and maybe a little red sand...

At the end of March, I took a road trip down to Arizona and made a few stops in Utah along the way. Also made stops near Sedona, Jerome, Grand Canyon, and Zion. One of the big highlights was to spend 3 nights on the White Rim Trail in Moab. This was something I have been wanting to do for a few years now, and it was awesome! A little threat of the western access point (Mineral Bottom Road switchbacks) being closed because of rain a few days prior, but the weather was PERFECT the entire time we were there. I did find a (watery) mud puddle that was a little deeper then expected and painted my front end...View attachment 3601146View attachment 3601144View attachment 3601145
Heck yeah Chris! Looking forward to hearing more about your trip Tuesday. Post more pix!

At the end of March, I took a road trip down to Arizona and made a few stops in Utah along the way. Also made stops near Sedona, Jerome, Grand Canyon, and Zion. One of the big highlights was to spend 3 nights on the White Rim Trail in Moab. This was something I have been wanting to do for a few years now, and it was awesome! A little threat of the western access point (Mineral Bottom Road switchbacks) being closed because of rain a few days prior, but the weather was PERFECT the entire time we were there. I did find a (watery) mud puddle that was a little deeper then expected and painted my front end...View attachment 3601146View attachment 3601144View attachment 3601145
Beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom