What did you do with your truck this week? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spent some quality time with the 60 in prep to enlist it in DD duty for a while.

New suspension bushings all around, the old ones were toast and missing in places. Took about 8 hours with hand tools and a floor jack by myself. The ride is so much better now.
20220114_170650.jpg

Then I broke out the DA polisher to try to see what I could do for the paint. There's basically no paint left on the roof and very little on the hood so I couldn't do too much. The sides are a little bit better, but a repaint is totally in my future.
20220130_134454.jpg

Got some shine back in the sides though.

Then I put the KO2 and 17" wheels from my old Yukon on for the smoother ride. Not sure I like the bigger aluminum rim, but the stance is perfect.
20220131_140229.jpg

Then I broke out the DA polisher to try to see what I could do for the paint. There's basically no paint left on the roof and very little on the hood so I couldn't do too much. The sides are a little bit better, but a repaint is totally in my future.View attachment 2912562

Got some shine back in the sides though.

Then I put the KO2 and 17" wheels from my old Yukon on for the smoother ride. Not sure I like the bigger aluminum rim, but the stance is perfect.
View attachment 2912563
What are you doing with the rims you had on it? We're they stock?

What are you doing with the rims you had on it? We're they stock?
I'm gonna keep them for now. They've got the KM3s on them, so I'll swap if I plan to do any wheeling.

F77712D4-B7D1-482E-B81C-81177F3C430C.jpeg

I called Bowfin and they are about six weeks out, I even called Prinsu in theyre about four weeks out or more. Since I have a very nice 270° awning and nothing to mount it to I figured it’s time to start on the roof rack, since I sold my other one. I’m going to build a hybrid with a basket but with Prinsu style load bars. We’ll see how this little experiment goes. So Janky Fab is up and running. By the way, I don’t know if you’ve ever tried to match the curve of your rain gutters on a 80 series land cruiser but let me tell you, it’s fun. I still love a basket rack because of how much crap I carry but I wanted it to be a lot lower than the other one. We shall see

So, I got the 80 cleaned up pretty well after mainly sitting for the past couple years. It’s actually still running great.

I have it at Danny’s getting the exhaust fixed right now. My next step is to get the AC dryer fixed so it’s bearable to drive this summer. Once that’s done I’m going to go through and change all my fluids and filters. So, I’m hoping it’ll be good to go by the end of April and ready for some trips again.

So, two questions. Can any one recommend a good AC shop around Simpsonville? Secondly, the lower bolt/bracket for the second row passenger seat has rusted through and I need it safe for car seats. Any recommendations for fixed on this?

So, I got the 80 cleaned up pretty well after mainly sitting for the past couple years. It’s actually still running great.

I have it at Danny’s getting the exhaust fixed right now. My next step is to get the AC dryer fixed so it’s bearable to drive this summer. Once that’s done I’m going to go through and change all my fluids and filters. So, I’m hoping it’ll be good to go by the end of April and ready for some trips again.

So, two questions. Can any one recommend a good AC shop around Simpsonville? Secondly, the lower bolt/bracket for the second row passenger seat has rusted through and I need it safe for car seats. Any recommendations for fixed on this?
The log you popped the drier on finally disappeared this year.

Went to Huntington Beach State Park with the whole crew for spring break. Crappy gas mileage became even crappier 💩
AD6CE1A4-9FD1-47DA-BE69-DE5670692A7F.jpeg

Also replaced the fuel pump in hopes of solving a crank/no start issue that just appeared 😵‍💫
EB2BA993-4E28-4CE2-994A-9D103ABF69F1.jpeg

BF4A611D-B870-4983-BFB6-CE28AAD1AE35.jpeg

Not this week, a couple of weeks ago . . .

I got home early on a Friday afternoon around 2:30, backed into the garage and smelled coolant . . .

Behold one of the heater T's decided it was done.

I knew it was coming and had a set on order. Tracked them real fast and discovered they would land . . . the next Wednesday.

Fumbled around a few places and found a set at Trollhole's. Wash up and order up an Uber (spare vehicle is 45 minutes away and the wife is at work until 7pm) - 45 minutes later and I'm back at home replacing them. :banana: job if I've ever seen one.

Checked the coolant level, cleaned up, took a cookie break. It's 5:15 and all is good in my world.

Start it up, get things to temp and the constant pressure clamps won't hold on the old hoses. Now I have two leaking heater T's . . .

Clean up, order up another Uber, head to Simpsonville parts stores in search of coolant and hose clamps. Three stores later, I have what I need.

My Uber bill was a little more the $80.

My parts bill was a smidge over $60.

I finished test driving it at 7:45 and pulled in right behind my wife coming home from work.

Good thing, because I had to be in Edgefield at 7am the next morning.

:bang:

Raymond

20220304_170740.jpg

20220304_170947.jpg

20220304_171651.jpg

Been busy prepping and shaking down my 62 for relic run. It hasn’t been on the road in maybe 6 years? 🤷🏼‍♂️ Drove it to work today and swapped out the OLD pro comp tires for my spare set of KM3s. Hard to tell from the lighting, but the new wheels do have some dark bronze color to them.
3BD80F6A-F28E-4BA1-8ACE-618C5DCD39D0.jpeg

There are still a few small details to work out, and a good wash, but so far so good. It may be back to daily driver status soon.

This started out as a simple low Profile roof rack install. But the more I looked at the roof paint the more I couldn’t stand it. So now we’re sanding for a roof repaint and welding up the holes in the roof. Why do I keep doing this to myself?
“Dedicated to the pursuit”🤣🤣

15890628-15B2-4494-A029-70FAE4995BA7.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom