What did you do with your truck this week? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

D53732A1-8EC9-4E76-B41B-0C38DDF81E36.jpeg

One set of holes down. Many to go.

0600CB10-5D7F-4F20-846C-7A0D8F0D4FB2.jpeg

Not enough can be said about a good piece of cardboard and a sharp knife when trying to do fab work. Working on some low profile awning mounts for my Prinsu roof rack. The mounts that came with my OVS awning make it mount up pretty high. These will save about 3 inches vertical. One down five to go

View attachment 2985518
Not enough can be said about a good piece of cardboard and a sharp knife when trying to do fab work. Working on some low profile awning mounts for my Prinsu roof rack. The mounts that came with my OVS awning make it mount up pretty high. These will save about 3 inches vertical. One down five to go
Well done! I've used CAD many times before.

M416_Fygar (87).JPG

Since I couldn’t make HC, I was able to find a few hours to finish fixing the cylinder misfire. The spark plug was wet with fuel so I went after spark. Of course I skipped the spark plug components when baselining and now the plugs were in foot condition other than the YUGE gap. Swapped in some Toyota plugs dizzy cap and rotor, and the plug wires had the right resistance so left those alone. Also broke/replaced the little vacuum fuel filter on the manifold and unwrapped the wire harness by the EGR to assess any melting (all good and a fresh wrap to button it back up). Now it ran but felt like it was missing occasionally.
2CBEFB64-F9BD-4675-9194-6EA1A59720CA.jpeg

NAPA special plug wires came off for new and now all is good. Changed the oil considering less than a thousand miles until due and I dumped a lot of fuel down cylinder 4.

While we’re at it, the 200 had to get new glass thanks to a rock. Good thing because it wasn’t the factory windshield anymore and whoever did it last was light on sealant.

Once upon a time all my air compressor stuff was mounted on the roof: twin hot dog tanks and a Wolo #805 airhorn array. When I mounted the Prinsu rack up there about 5 years ago, all that came off the truck and sat neglected.

I've been slowly replumbing all my air compressor accessories. Few months back I got one of my hotdog tanks reinstalled behind the rear axle, which was key before my next move. . .
1654549218873.png

Affixed to my dead pedal and plumbed to my air horns mounted inside the driver front fender. :cool:

After probably too many years, too many pulls of various vehicles and trees, and a few minor damaged spots, it’s time to replace my old strap. Its first pull was by an FJ40 trying to get me out of a hole, and the last pull was me towing an FJ40 back to asphalt. Northern Tool:
3B4B4DEA-00B8-43F7-A882-F8A9E524AF33.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom