What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You do know pretty much any auto parts store has these right? And if that's not good enough Toyota sells them. I answered your prayer. 😁

IMG_0550.gif
 
Wheeled the piss out of it
IMG_2202.webp
IMG_0122.webp
IMG_2192.webp
 
I also used this from @Outsane (Solvefunction.com) Thanks Lee for making cool stuff for us to use
1778677820554.webp
Keeps gear oil in and dirt,debris,water, etc out. Perfect for getting you off the trail 😁 after a broken axle. There's also a front version;)
 
installed my boost gauge and wired my oil. Still need a sandwich plate and line. The big hole is for EGT that'll be here Friday.

IMG_0555.webp


Also installed an old school Trust TVVC and maaaan what a difference. I don't know if my factory line was clogged or what but the turbo is much more responsive. Still only getting 12psi and won't turn it up until the EGT gets here.

IMG_0556.webp
 
So, we've had our 80 out wheeling on about 5 occasions now. The old girl is running great. We're headed to the Red River Gorge in July for the KYTLCA Toyota Trail ride. Before that event, I've got to break down and buy sliders (going the White Knuckle route), and also get a dorkel installed (when we wheeled there back at Christmas, we had water over our hood... so the dorkel is actually for peace of mind in deep water crossings). In time, the rig needs a rear bumper... just running the stylish cross-member at the moment with a bolt on swing out and a widdle wadder... because the fella who sold me the swing out had it... and my wife insisted on it... the dang thing won't hold my weight... at least my wife is skinny little thing... lol.
 
So, we've had our 80 out wheeling on about 5 occasions now. The old girl is running great. We're headed to the Red River Gorge in July for the KYTLCA Toyota Trail ride. Before that event, I've got to break down and buy sliders (going the White Knuckle route), and also get a dorkel installed (when we wheeled there back at Christmas, we had water over our hood... so the dorkel is actually for peace of mind in deep water crossings). In time, the rig needs a rear bumper... just running the stylish cross-member at the moment with a bolt on swing out and a widdle wadder... because the fella who sold me the swing out had it... and my wife insisted on it... the dang thing won't hold my weight... at least my wife is skinny little thing... lol.
Honestly, I don't think that you can go wrong with the White Knuckles...mine have taken a pretty good beating in the last few years, and only have a few scratches (well, gouges!)...a little touch up and you'd think they were still new! I did the DOM tube option, but I think that it's the only option now...if not, spring for the DOM!
 
Honestly, I don't think that you can go wrong with the White Knuckles...mine have taken a pretty good beating in the last few years, and only have a few scratches (well, gouges!)...a little touch up and you'd think they were still new! I did the DOM tube option, but I think that it's the only option now...if not, spring for the DOM!
Extended diff. breather if you frequent deep water Xing.
 
I also used this from @Outsane (Solvefunction.com) Thanks Lee for making cool stuff for us to use
View attachment 4139769Keeps gear oil in and dirt,debris,water, etc out. Perfect for getting you off the trail 😁 after a broken axle. There's also a front version;)
Always happy to see products getting used,, sad when its a broken cruiser..
 
Honestly, I don't think that you can go wrong with the White Knuckles...mine have taken a pretty good beating in the last few years, and only have a few scratches (well, gouges!)...a little touch up and you'd think they were still new! I did the DOM tube option, but I think that it's the only option now...if not, spring for the DOM!
Thank you for that. I’ve been researching them for a while and reading lots in here. Definitely going with the White Knuckles… that means I’d better get them ordered soon.
 
Extended diff. breather if you frequent deep water Xing.
Yessir. They are on my little list too. Somewhere around here @BILT4ME has an off the shelf parts list that I need to track down.
 
Thank you for that. I’ve been researching them for a while and reading lots in here. Definitely going with the White Knuckles… that means I’d better get them ordered soon.
Thank you for that. I’ve been researching them for a while and reading lots in here. Definitely going with the White Knuckles… that means I’d better get them ordered soon.
Use mudmember18 for 5% discount
 
Hi everyone, I had an unpleasant encounter today with wet feet. The driver side was completely wet. The most outer part was filled with water which damaged the soft mat. I had to rip it out.

The problem is all sealing were dry and I don’t know how the water got into the car. Anyone experienced this?

IMG_3024.webp


IMG_3022.webp


IMG_3023.webp


IMG_3019.webp
 
Hi everyone, I had an unpleasant encounter today with wet feet. The driver side was completely wet. The most outer part was filled with water which damaged the soft mat. I had to rip it out.

The problem is all sealing were dry and I don’t know how the water got into the car. Anyone experienced this?

View attachment 4140943

View attachment 4140944

View attachment 4140945

View attachment 4140946
Gosh, sorry to see that. As I recall, there is a drain in the d/s foot/kick panel. If it gets clogged, it can certainly fill-up the panel and backflow into the footwell.
 
Plugged rocker panel slit drains.
 
Hi everyone, I had an unpleasant encounter today with wet feet. The driver side was completely wet. The most outer part was filled with water which damaged the soft mat. I had to rip it out.

The problem is all sealing were dry and I don’t know how the water got into the car. Anyone experienced this?

View attachment 4140943

View attachment 4140944

View attachment 4140945

View attachment 4140946

Hope it's an easy fix and not the windshield.​

Drivers side rocker panel full of water? Anybody have this?​

Anybody had wet Front passenger carpet after rain ?​

Sunroof Drain Cleaning​

 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom