What did I do? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm a traitor. I'm only supposed to buy Toyatas and Hondas. Well, I had to add Hyundai to that list. I drove a 2011 Sonata as a rental when I was in Detroit last month. I was really impressed with the car. I've been thinking about replacing our '98 Accord for a while. Low interest financing from my credit union and a dealer willing to give me a fair deal resulted in me purchasing a 2011 Sonata SE. It's sweeeeeet!

It has a 2.4L GDI motor and a 6-speed auto with shiftronic, including paddle shifters on the steering wheel. EPA estimated is 22/35.
small sonata 1.jpg
small sonata 2.jpg
small sonata 3.jpg

so you are saying your hundy needed a hundyaiiieeiiaaeeee to keep it company? looks nice man.

Congrats dude, very nice.

so you are saying your hundy needed a hundyaiiieeiiaaeeee to keep it company? looks nice man.

That didn't even occur to me. But it makes sense. They're both white, too. We're so boring and practical. White doesn't look dirty as soon as the darker colors do. I wanted silver, but Danise wanted white pearl. You can guess which one we ended up with. At least it isn't black.

I had a girlfriend in the mid 1980s with one when Hyundais were first imported. It was a third world single-throat carbed piece of sh*t that I was fixing constantly. It's amazing how the product line has vastly improved over the intervening decades. I'd buy one now if the need arose...

I recall how they were cheap pieces of crap 25 years ago. They've improved a bit since then.

NOOOOOOOOOO! I do have a '98 Accord for sale though.

Marc -

Very nice! I'm sure you and the family will enjoy the car. I have also had Hyundais for rental cars and have been very impressed. It seems that they copy a lot of stuff from Toyotas - I can usually jump right in one and know where the window switches are, how to work the wipers, etc, because it's all laid out the same.

I will be interested to hear how the long-term reliability goes.

It's a sharp-looking car!

P.S. Doesn't the Larry H. Miller group have a Hyundai dealer?

LHM has a monopoly on Hyundai dealerships in Alb. like it does Toyota dealerships. There's a Larry H. Miller Hyundai near Cottonwood mall and a Southwest Hyundai where the old Karl Malone Toyota used to be on Lomas and Wyoming, both LHM Group companies.

I'm hoping for good long-term reliability. They seem confident based on their warranty periods. And I haven't heard anything negative in several years, compared to the ones imported to the US 25 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom