What color was my FJ40 originally? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.octagonmma.com
I, finally, am down to just the cowl and windshield. I disassembled the dash, knobs, bottom dashpad, glove compartment door and TRIED to get the door hinge pins out on Monday. They won't friggin' budge. So, I thought I could remove the hood hinges and windshield hinges plus windshield, flip over the cowl and smack the door hinge pins with a 3lb hammer and punch. I had to drill out the hood hinge screws because they were totally frozen. When I got the hood hinges off, the color beneath was a faded light green color! My interrior is Freeborn Red so naturally I am a bit confused. The hardtop guide-rods were this same light green color. What is the deal?

Also, how can I get the rest of the damn windshield screws out? I'm going to drill them but whaddaya do with the stump that is left after the head breaks off?

Last edited:
Get a hand impact driver with some good phillips bits for it, lot's of liquid wrench or whatever your fave is, wack them out. The original color may have been seafoam green, it also may be primer, what year is the cruiser and pic's would help, cheers, Larry

That faded color under the hinges is most probably primer. Go off the color code on the tag by the heater blower, under the hood.

the windshield srews on my rig would not gave way with an impact driver. I heated them and it turned out there was somekind of glew on them. After heat there was no problem. Drilling was not needed and not wanted!!!

Yeah my thought was primer. Has to be since inside the dash and where the windshied wiper mech is all red matching the rest and most parts beneath the camo were red too.

Heat with how much fire? Will a basic acetlyene torch work?

Start a notch at the very edge of the screw with a cold chisel. Keep hammering until you can hold the chisel pointed in the direction you want the screw to go, never failed me.

Could the hood be off a different FJ?? PICKLE :bounce:

brew8 said:
Get a hand impact driver with some good phillips bits for it, lot's of liquid wrench or whatever your fave is, wack them out. The original color may have been seafoam green, it also may be primer, what year is the cruiser and pic's would help, cheers, Larry

check out FJnotCJ's new tool in the 25 section

Well I put the propane torch to the stuck screws and out they came with my 9V makita drill on highest torque setting. PIECE OF FRIGGING CAKE. The ENTIRE FJ has now been disassembled.

Now I can get to worrying about what the mechanic and bodyshop are going to charge me for the blasting and painting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom