what brand of tires came on your FJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Fot those that purchased the 17" alloy wheels (upgrade package #2) and extra mile option package A, what brand and type of tires came on your FJ? What type came on other packages?

Mine came with Dunlop AT20 Grandtrek tires and I can't help but feel that I got screwed in the deal.

burling said:
Mine came with Dunlop AT20 Grandtrek tires and I can't help but feel that I got screwed in the deal.

Mine came with the same thing. Could've been worse. The worst thing is the wife won't let me change them until these are worn out. It is her car after all. :doh:

Mine came with the Dunlops also. I am waiting for my MT atz's to come in. I hate watching the miles rack up on my dunlops waiting for the others to come in.

Pirelli Scorpions. Great for roaring up and down the interstate but will suck in the dirt.

Will have get a set of cheapo 16" wheels and Swampers for fun.

Dunlops

mine came with yokahama....somethings...

The dealer put 20" Toyota Rims and BFG's on mine. I made 'em take both off and give me the stock rims and tires. Those were Dunlops - I then drove across the street to Discount Tire and traded them up to 285/70/17 BFGs. They gave me a $40 credit per tire. So the spare was free, but hey...

I got a pretty basic FJ with the black steel wheels. It came with Bridgestone Duellers. Will be replacing them with better off-road
tires as soon as I can get the best option figured out.

John

mine came with bridgestone duelers. i can't say i like them, and i'm a tad afraid to offroad in mud with those, being that i feel they barely grip pavement on turns.

Too bad they come with crummy tires. It may be the same ideology as the Muscle Cars back in the late 60's early 70's. I can recall the Plymouth Road Runner with 440 six pack (3 two barrel carburators for those not knowing what 6 pack is) coming with basic steel wheels and crap tires. The thinking was that everyone who bought the barely street legal car was gonna ditch the tires and wheels and put mags and racing tires on em anyway. May be the same thinking here???

Mine had the Dunlop POS tires. Immediately replaced with Wranglers. Noisier, more wander, but can actually drive in dirt.

I got the Dunlop Grandtrek? with mine. Needless to say I don't like them. I took them in the mud and was sliding all over. What makes me mad is all of the promotional pictures even the model has BFG TA/KO but NOOOO the real one comes with street tires. The dealership wouldn't even put the BFGs on even though I offered to pay for them. Now the wife won't let me get new ones until I wear these things down....oh well

SATXChelus said:
Now the wife won't let me get new ones until I wear these things down....oh well

Big fat ditto on that. I'd love to dump the Dunlops, but wifey won't let me until the Dunlops are done. It is her FJ I suppose. :crybaby:

Nitto ATs on Eagle alloy wheels

i guess japanese tires on a japanese car?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom