What are your thoughts on the Crown Focus Apple CarPlay? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you own the Crown Focus Apple CarPlay, what are your thoughts on it? I have been looking around for a solid Apple CarPlay unit that will work with my 2014 LX 570.

We got the same questions before we installed their kits. We did not put too much confidence when we place the order to be honest, considering this is a new brand in aussie market but we gave them a try. We placed the order on Tuesday afternoon, received it on Wednesday morning, never imagined it was so quick. We installed it on last Saturday, comes with a QR code for the installation manual which is quite a new style of instruction delivery method. We got a 2013 LX570 I think it should be same head units as 2014, the installation is pretty easy, CrownFocus made the cable sockets ready for LX570 factory head units, unplug the original cable, plug their cable sockets and then plug the original cables into their kits supplied ports. About 4-5 cables sockets then everything gets done Takes us about 1 hour for the installation. When we start the car and paired the phone with bluetooth, we just been amazed by the sounds quality. Tried few other brand stereo system before but never feel their sounds quality is such a fantastic experience. Their system is based on Linux which is perfect, we used few andriod based stereo systems but after couple months using they are all got stuck and very hard to use. Linux system is the awesome choice for car stereo upgrade. Just one thing we are not very sure is about the switch between CrownFocus carplay interface and factory interface, gave Frank a text message on Saturday night, he just replied immediately and our question get solved in 2 mins, thats also we didn't expect for. Over all for the review, it is definately worth, cost less than $1k aud offering plug & play installation plus wonderful after sale service, and 12 months warranty, put new technology into this 11 years old car. I am getting more confidences that we can keep it for another 11 years and longer because of this new factory features add on.
WechatIMG23.jpg
WechatIMG23.jpg

Do they make one for an LC200 ?
Apparently yes, though whether it works with US models I can’t confirm

I’m curious how it compares to the EC Off-road version that a few people on the forum use?

There are a couple features like OBD2 integration (which presumably might allow me to use OBD Fusion in the EC Off-road version) which are attractive. (BTW if anyone can confirm that functionality I’d love to hear about it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom