What are these plugs for in the engine compartment? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

for stuff we didn't get in the US, not sure what but we didn't get it. maybe headlight washers? or whatever, the same harness is used in non US rigs. Same thing on a fj60/2 and prolly on fj40's, all have us-used plugs.

BTW that little red thing is one of the only US made parts on your Cruiser, part of the alarm system I think.

That non-US frammit device, very hard to import. I was told the were made of unobtainium.

[quote author=lx450landcruiser link=board=2;threadid=8620;start=msg73609#msg73609 date=1071026905]
whats that?
[/quote]

::)

just a guess........but he was making a funny :)

A frammit is a horrible thread killing device like muffler bearings and such. :-X

:pI will lay off the booze before responding :p

LX-Mikey,
That looks like someone unwrapped part of the RS3000 alarm wiring. The red foam-wrapped frammit device (piezo) is supposed to be secured to the bigger bundle with a white wire tie. It looks like that open connector is supposed to be plugged together. Is part of your alarm system non-working?

I believe those wires and the 2 unplugged connectors also go inside the bigger bundle but I can't be sure without taking mine apart... and that ain't gonna happen.

-B-

LX-Mikey,
You need to ask Daddy to get you a FSM and the EWD for Christmas.
-B-

my alarm works fine? i just found these while i was running some more wires thout the fire wall. ill look again in a bit and wee what i find out

[quote author=Beowulf link=board=2;threadid=8620;start=msg73679#msg73679 date=1071030786]
It looks like that open connector is supposed to be plugged together. [/quote]

That was my first impression too. Those plugs look to be exact opposites, and their orientation looks like someone just unplugged them and moved them aside.

Plug 'em back and see what blows up! :eek:

well i plugged it ito itself??? any ways yeah they did plug into each other and i havent yet drivin the cruiser yet but i still dont know what there for and i dont see any diff when i start the cruiser or use the alarm. does anyone know what this is????

mike

OH NO! you didnt plug them in? you have started the countdown.........run............run Forest run :D

[quote author=lx450landcruiser link=board=2;threadid=8620;start=msg74247#msg74247 date=1071111129]
well i plugged it ito itself??? any ways yeah they did plug into each other and i havent yet drivin the cruiser yet but i still dont know what there for and i dont see any diff when i start the cruiser or use the alarm. does anyone know what this is????

mike
[/quote]

LX-Mikey,
What color are the wires going into the plugs; both sides.
-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom