Wet P/S Floor Board (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I discovered I had a wet Floor board, under my weathertech floor liner

I cleared the sunroof vents...all clear. I noticed the disharge tube wasnt all the way flush against the condensor. I could see the smallest drop of water on the condensor nipple. I pushed the tube flush with the condensor.

On my 30 min drive home, there was a significant amount a water accumulated on the floor board. When I finally stopped, i expected to see water pouring out....nothing.

3 days straight of this and today it's bone dry. Is there something above the condensor that may hold excess water? The amount of water on the floorboard and the lack of a drip doesn't add up

Any ideas?

IMG_2821.jpg

If its water and it wasn't raining (or you washed it), then check your AC drain tube. If its coolant then possible heater core. Drain tubes can come loose or plug. Not uncommon. It should poke through the fire wall and not be kinked. Heater cores puke coolant on the floor commonly when they leak.

If its water and it wasn't raining (or you washed it), then check your AC drain tube. If its coolant then possible heater core. Drain tubes can come loose or plug. Not uncommon. It should poke through the fire wall and not be kinked. Heater cores puke coolant on the floor commonly when they leak.
It's definitely water, not coolant. It wasn't raining nor was I washing the vehicle.

It's definitely water, not coolant. It wasn't raining nor was I washing the vehicle.
That makes it easier. In my shop, I replaced more heater cores than I can count. I hate working around coolant. Your AC system pulls the water out of the air and drains it out the fire wall. I had a kinked drain tube literally flood the car with 2" of water. The customer came in with water in all four foot well areas from driving it in. Took forever to shop vac that so I could unclog the AC drain tube.

OH. When your AC fan is on, some of the air is used to push water out the drain tube. If the tube doesn't fit well or clogged or kinked....water ends up on the floor.

Raining hard today and I had same symptoms. Water on passenger side floor, front and back. Cleared all drains and still wet. So I removed the carpet as I plan to replace anyway given it’s very old and has stains that won’t come out. Was able to get a nice clear view as to what was happening. Water leaking from passenger side lower corner of windshield close to dash, running down A pillar to floor (can see water stain streak), then down the sill to the rear. I removed two floor plugs just to let it drain as it’s still raining. Will get some sealant tomorrow and try to fix. Few pix hope will help others.
E0FF9A26-986A-4653-8E85-E8B4B43A08F6.jpeg
5AA81BCE-0C08-4BA5-AB45-22268B621EA1.jpeg
5C5502F2-67E2-49D2-9166-F30F44747781.jpeg

Another way to get wet floor is a sunroof allowing more water past the gasket than the gutter and downspouts (sunroof tray and drain tubes) can handle. I've weed wacker lined the tubes and run hot soapy water thru many times over the years. They drain as best they can.
Finally did the ol' bicycle inner tube mod to solve that leak. All better now.

Had to pull the same plugs from the floor pan as @CTLX450 to drain mucho water. The floor pan in the area of that wire loom trough started to rust so that had to be prepped and painted. Took forever for the underside of the carpet jute stuff to dry. All better now!

Once upon a time I repaired a corroded factory splice or two in that same loom just below the b pillar. This time I saw that the trough was actually full of water. The wire bundle was largely submerged. Guess it's been doing that after lots of rain for years and was getting worse, fast. Now I know it wasn't just the windshield leaking, which got silicone years ago.
In the OP pics it looks like water may have been running down the a pillar behind trim and behind the kick panel, unnoticed like mine was. Goes right under the carpet that has the plastic barrier on the bottom. Stayed wet under there! All better now.

ohh and the driver side started to leak once in awhile as well and dripped of the grab handle. that's what really got me going on that job

Just another fun way to spend time and keep the rust at bay.

Another way to get wet floor is a sunroof allowing more water past the gasket than the gutter and downspouts (sunroof tray and drain tubes) can handle. I've weed wacker lined the tubes and run hot soapy water thru many times over the years. They drain as best they can.
Finally did the ol' bicycle inner tube mod to solve that leak. All better now.

Had to pull the same plugs from the floor pan as @CTLX450 to drain mucho water. The floor pan in the area of that wire loom trough started to rust so that had to be prepped and painted. Took forever for the underside of the carpet jute stuff to dry. All better now!

Once upon a time I repaired a corroded factory splice or two in that same loom just below the b pillar. This time I saw that the trough was actually full of water. The wire bundle was largely submerged. Guess it's been doing that after lots of rain for years and was getting worse, fast. Now I know it wasn't just the windshield leaking, which got silicone years ago.
In the OP pics it looks like water may have been running down the a pillar behind trim and behind the kick panel, unnoticed like mine was. Goes right under the carpet that has the plastic barrier on the bottom. Stayed wet under there! All better now.

ohh and the driver side started to leak once in awhile as well and dripped of the grab handle. that's what really got me going on that job

Just another fun way to spend time and keep the rust at bay.
Any links to the bicycle inner tube mod

search for: bicycle inner tube fix/wind noise gone

Just sealed my windshield - it appears to be a Toyota replacement windshield installed at some point because there was no sealant on the glass side that I could see. Since sealing it, nice and dry inside.

Just found another possibility. My sunroof tubes get clogged pretty quickly since I park under an oak tree. Had a lot of water in the floorboards so I got up on the roof to clean out the leaves. After cleaning I thought that would be it, but this morning my passenger floorboard was a pool. Pulled the plug and since it was raining hard, I saw water coming down the firewall. Windshield is not leaking. Sunroof not leaking. I am pretty sure it is the pass through hole from the engine compartment. I have a ton of wires going through there including a couple 00 from the house battery to the back of the truck. I think I have overused that hole. Any suggestions as to a decent fix for this issue would be a great help. I can't think of anything to do but seal the pass through hole with something that I would rather not do.

That makes it easier. In my shop, I replaced more heater cores than I can count. I hate working around coolant. Your AC system pulls the water out of the air and drains it out the fire wall. I had a kinked drain tube literally flood the car with 2" of water. The customer came in with water in all four foot well areas from driving it in. Took forever to shop vac that so I could unclog the AC drain tube.
Do you have a source for 93 heater cores?

Sorry no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom