Well it happened, broke down on the road... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My 99 LX470 left my wife, dog and me broke down about 6 months ago. I bought a 2020 Sequoia certified used afterwards. I kept the LX though. Mine was a belt tensioner pulley. But a month later the fan motor bracket let go at the house. I haven’t had an issue since but take the Sequoia on longer trips now. Still ain’t getting rid of the LX though.

My 99 LX470 left my wife, dog and me broke down about 6 months ago. I bought a 2020 Sequoia certified used afterwards. I kept the LX though. Mine was a belt tensioner pulley. But a month later the fan motor bracket let go at the house. I haven’t had an issue since but take the Sequoia on longer trips now. Still ain’t getting rid of the LX though.
That sentence structure had me thinking you were about to start singing a country song at first...

"My truck left my wife,
My dog and me broke down
Had to buy a bigger one
Just to get into town

I asked the fella who sold them cars
If he'd seen a good one around
He said why dont you try this Sequioa
We dont want no money down!"

Not doubting or trying to argue, but genuinely curious- how did your all-aluminum radiators fail? I figured without plastic end tanks to wear down, there's really not much else that can go wrong.
Leak at the welds.

Here is another: The OEM radiators last so long, that many will neglect it. Don't forget there is a trans cooler inside it and those tubes will corrode slowly and after 20 years of service it may even make a pin hole and then can contaminate the coolant and trans fluid. Replace radiators (if non-OEM) at least once every 10-12 years. I do timing belts every 10-12 years and will install a new radiator during this operation.

If the truck is garaged it is well protected from UV damage when parked that does extend its service life.

At 24 years, my factory radiator’s plastic is still good ol’ black and completely solid.

It isn’t anything like the heater tees turning brown when the polymers have leached out of its composite material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom