Welder needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

davidp14

SILVER Star
Threads
I ordered a set of trail gear weld on sliders mostly out of desperation since no one has bolt on sliders that can be shipped before the blue ridge fall crawl. Trouble is, I can't weld.

So.. assuming they arrive in time, I'll need to find a welder that can put them on my fzj before the meet.

I'm in staunton but happy to travel.

I ordered a set of trail gear weld on sliders mostly out of desperation since no one has bolt on sliders that can be shipped before the blue ridge fall crawl. Trouble is, I can't weld.

So.. assuming they arrive in time, I'll need to find a welder that can put them on my fzj before the meet.

I'm in staunton but happy to travel.

You can try axis fabrication in Waynesboro. They build gnarly crawlers, but I haven’t been able to get ahold of them recently.

ORI in Winchester could do it on the way to Fall Crawl.

Independent4x in Richmond is an option.

You could also try searching craigslist or Facebook for someone that can do welding or fab.

The problem is the leg by the catalytic
converters. Whoever does it will need some type of fabrication ability whether it’s a bender or whatever. It’s not a straightforward job. I don’t know of any shop like that in Staunton off the top of my head.

I’ve had a set sitting in my shop for 5 years that I keep meaning to weld together. Instead I just smashed my rockers to bits.

Thanks!! Those are some good leads. I'll check them out.

Forgot you were in staunton, lmk if you want to get together sometime.

That would be great. We are in the process of selling our house and moving with a toddler and a newborn. Time is limited right now. But I’m moving to a place with my own garage! After the dust settles I’ll hit you up.

And if you find someone to weld those on fairly cheaply let me know! I can weld and bend and fab, but if someone else’s time is worth less than mine I’d love to pay them to do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom