Welder/Fabricator needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys,
My trailer needs a bit of work. The frame is made of flimsy angle. I need it to hold up to washboard roads, the spring hangers must be removed and the frame beefed up front to rear. It also needs square tubing hoops to mount a rooftop tent. My local guy here is very impressed with himself and his cost shows it, so I'm shopping. It doesn't need to be a work of art, it just needs to work well on the hundreds of miles of washboard roads that i see in its future. Thanks for any recommendations.

i do it both professionally and shade treely
Shade treely? I like it.. do I have your phone #? I’ll pm you with mine

You might check out John Merkey, if he's still working. I had him weld in some super heavy duty pumpkin drain protection collars that he developed and made on site a few years back.

You might check out John Merkey, if he's still working. I had him weld in some super heavy duty pumpkin drain protection collars that he developed and made on site a few years back.
Saul Goodman, Brian is on it, thanks 👍🏼

Saul Goodman, Brian is on it, thanks 👍🏼

20201122_082401.jpg

A great retirement project for him! Just installed windows tonight with him, and no rust!! Waiting on a few small parts and the windshield glass.

Gonna be an awesome and very valuable 1983 version of the 40 series! John had this thing stored in a very rusty but complete and unmolested condition in a shed on his property for years. Bought a new steel tub from (I think) cool cruisers and has been restoring it for sometime now. I contributed a windshield frame and some other parts to it, it now has factory power steering and I believe it may still have the original smog pump. John is an absolutely tremendous mechanic and fabricator.

don's trailer is responding well to my sa-500b weight gain program. once completed it should be bulked up to around 1.5 times it's original weight.

20201121_085912.jpg

20201128_091334.jpg

It's all been done for a while and a great job it is. Thanks man! The very worst of washboard roads won't rattle this new and very much improved version to smithereens. Once I got it home, I aligned and rebolted the suspension, painted it, then re-assemble the entire thing. The Tent arrived last weekend, and it was a bear to lift it up there. The 6' height is perfect and is just a bit lower than the top of the boxes that bolt to the rack on our 80. In order to get it in and out of the garage I beefed up a pair of furniture dollies to set it on to easily roll it in and out of it's spot. Thanks Brian,
IMG_4864 2.jpg
IMG_4941.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom