Greetings to everyone. Thanks in advance for your time. I’ve got a weird issue I can’t figure out, and I hope the group’s collective wisdom can shed some light. Here goes:
- The car is dead.
- While jumping the car, the electrical systems power on but the car won’t start (you can hear the starter clicking).
- Battery tested 100% healthy.
- November 18: driver side headlight would not turn off.
- I removed the fuse to prevent the light from draining the battery
- It’s an aftermarket HID bulb kit from xenon depot (XD).
- XD sent a replacement ballast, I replaced the ballast and it did not resolve the issue (the headlight would not turn off).
- On November 23 the XD sent a replacement relay harness for the headlight
- I swapped out the relay harness and the lights worked perfectly.
- I did not start the car at this time (I just turned the ignition to on to test the lights)
- The old harness looked awful (see pic below)
- I tried to start the car and it was dead. (first time I tried starting it after replaced the relay harness.)
- I turned the ignition on and off a few times, and the car started and worked fine.
- Started and drove the car a few times that day with no issues.
- November 28:
- Went on a 2 hour drive to check out Christmas lights.
- Started up fine.
- While driving all the following happened all at onceL dashboard cluster lights/headlights dimmed and at the sthe head unit rebooted
- This happened 4 or 5 times during that drive
- November 29
- Car is dead (not even power locks work)
- It will power on from a jump but it won’t jump start
- Took the batter to auto parts store and they said it was 100% healthy.