Weekend Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Front Bumper

This weekend I went home to make use of Dad's shop with welder to work on some sliders. Long story short I have the pipe I need for the sliders except the square metal - which is ordered. This meant this would not be this weekends project. I had hoped with some parts I picked up..to maybe work up a bumper eventually. Well here is the bumper not fully complete with detail work but on the truck.

Last edited:
glad you and your Dad had fun on your weekend project.

Looks like a bunch of work to me...

Stinger bumpers aren't really my style, but that's just a taste preference.

On yours, for trail riding I'd be concerned about the width. It's going to catch trees or rocks.

Looks like you have a great base for a winch. Have any detail pics of that part?

The winch base is all one unit I found at Midland Auto Parts (Salvage Yard). We then welded bracket to the bottom to match up with the brackets on the side of frame. Same spot orginal bumper bracket is bolted. I will try to take some pictures and post.

Yeah, Chris mentioned it was too wide.... I am going to cut it down on the sides and bring it back tighter to the end of the bottom bar. This is a working progress and appreciate the feedback.

I am not a fan of stingers either but it looks pretty damn good. Is it just the camera angle or does it look like it hangs pretty low?

Hey Bama...looks like you guys had fun building that...if I may make a few suggestions:

1. I would definitely tuck in the sides and bring them to the same width as the body if not a little tighter;
  2. I would lose the bottom bar and focus on approach angle; and
  3. I would also consider punching some holes in that winch box, that flat front could disrupt air flow into the radiator, it could also shed some pounds.

Keep up the good work...it's a fun past-time.

Cheers.

- Mark

You have made a tube bumper that'll make any RanchHand bumper jealous! Mounting the snow plow next weekend? Honestly, I think only the wings are making it too wide... bring those in and it'll be sweet. Maybe a little too low, but OK.

I LOVE the AC dryer cage... and is very important to have... busted this line on Sunday... oops. But where you welded the cage to that flimsy dryer bracket.. it'll bend and cause the exact issue with breaking the line. AC druers get broken at the line and not punctured (if that makes sense).

You are SERIOUSLY on the right track, and fast at it... keep it up!

you may not like minimalism, but on the trail low hanging fruit gets caught. i made this bumper a few years back and it follows me to every truck i own...

yours can like this with the stinger if you brought in the corners.

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom