website?

Discussion in 'AZ- Copper State Cruisers' started by lx450landcruiser, Oct 26, 2005.

1. lx450landcruiser

lx450landcruiser Moderator

So i was thinking bout our web site and it dawned on me there hasnt been much change on it. What happend to all the photos of all the club runs? club trucks? or pics of the sonic meeting?

not bitchen just curious?

mike

2. Tools R Us

Tools R Us

Kyle and I have been very busy lately, haven't made the time to implement the latest updates. :frown:

This forum is more dynamic, most info gets posted here. It seams redundant to mirror it there? My thought is to simplify the site to more of an introductory function, with the static info, meeting maps, member list, etc., and refer/link to this forum for real time info?

3. lx450landcruiser

no complaints here just curious. i sent a buddy to the site to check out what we were about. he asked if it was still a club since the web site looked dead and hadnt changed is a long time.
    Ill let him know.

thanks
    mike

4. desertdude

desertdude SILVER Star

I agree the website it really not needed and should really be re-thought. Perhaps once we gain true non profit status and create an org - it should be as basic as it can be

5. ripleykantoo

ripleykantoo

Own Identity

I have to disagree on keeping the web site as basic as possible. I feel at the least you all should post your club runs in a gallery style. I could go on and on why you should keep it but I’m sure you have your reasons (financial, motivation, and etc). Whatever they maybe I found CSC and the Roughriders due to your web sites and enjoyed the adventures posted. I plan on joining the group but want my 20 bones to apply for next years permit since I already bought the Mt Lemmon permit and the MLB. I wouldn’t have met Alvin if it wasn’t for CSC(Is that Dog keeping you too busy to wheel?). You all need a sugar daddy that can pay for your web hosting.
    Anyone up for some wheeling on the Southern side of the state?

6. desertdude

desertdude SILVER Star

I hear ya - this is where we all seem to wind up - and other folks on the other boards like to visit here too - We have a few rich uncles here in the club that will eventually step up - all things good in time :)

I look forward to meeting/wheeling with you in the Southland during the winter months when I am in the area!

7. Tools R Us

Tools R Us

I wasn't advocating eliminating the club site, only reevaluating what content it needs, looking for input. This forum is good for it's real time discussion, everybody gets to tell their story, add suggestions and make fun of Phil, :D all in a searchable archived format. To me the web site is better as an advertising space to direct traffic here, containing more static type information.

I think trip planing and trail stories are better told here with the pictures hosted on the CSC or other site. A trip report on CSC gets one persons veiwpoint, most of the time some lame text, here some or all can get their $.02 in. A lame trip report;

http://www.trailertrashaerospace.com/Cruiser/sycamore_to_verde_river_run_10.htm

With the pictures hosted there in thunbnail or slideshow format we have the option of going to the link and veiwing all of them, or anyone can use any of them in a post, like;

Check out Phil's bling dust caps!

[​IMG]

I agree, it's the time of the year for Tucson to stepup and host a run, Chiva maybe? Paging Mr. Baggins! :D

8. lx450landcruiser

i guess i kinda like that lame thing??? i dunno if your on a trail run and its
    you and some other guys then shouldn't you be the one to be describing what you
    thought of it? Maybe we could set up just a gallery of CSC runs? every one
    could send there pics of each run and dump them into a folder with the title of
    the run? Like smiley rock run then the date? that way people can see the pics
    that other people took and swap photos that way? Might also convince new
    members that we don't just sit in a sonic lot or polish our wheels (like phil)
    Just talkin dont wanna step on any toes.

mike

9. MaddBaggins

MaddBaggins Remember the KnightRider!

Media:
    Albums:
    Nope, not to busy to wheel Kyle! I've been out the last 2 weeks, Chiva and Chimney rock. Lots of pinstripes on chimney rock.

I think the website should be updated, say quarterly or so, with pics and member list, a couple short stories or whatever. But, it seems like the website is a good place to funnel people over here to the real-time chat board. This is where we can plan the trips and post whatever pics we want, talk smack to Phil :flipoff2: ...

OK, I'll look at my calendar and see when I could "host" a club run. I work the 5th and will be in Tempe the 6th(Seahawks are in town), the next weekend after that starts my deer hunt. Hmmm

10. Tools R Us

Tools R Us

No toe stepping here, good input. That's exactly what I was thinking about, a picture gallery page for the run with the discussion here. I prefer to read trip reports on forums, you get a much more colorful, complete story with more people's viewpoints.

Phil likes to polish his junk, but he hits the trail more than most and yep, it kinda pisses me off! :mad: :crybaby: :D

11. Tools R Us

Tools R Us

Why are you jackin Mike's post? ... Oh wait that was me! :doh: :eek: Start a new thread with the Dec. 3 Tucson Chiva run. :D

12. ripleykantoo

ripleykantoo

Alvin, didn't get the message? :)

13. grrlscout89FJ62

grrlscout89FJ62

About the photos thing ... maybe have it so ppl can post their own? I installed this (free) php-based photo album on a few of my client's sites:

http://gallery.menalto.com/

Something to think about.

14. Pskhaat

Pskhaat

Agreed. Like the posting of own pictures and text, etc.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.