water leak please help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys, sorry have no time to search for this one. House is leaking and so is the LC. Have a leak coming from pass side lower corner due to this stupid rain in LA. Carpet has lots of water on pass side. It sounds like a fish tank on that whole side as well. How do I get rid of the water? Where do you guys think it is? It is a 93. Any drain plugs? I have try up hill, down hill jack up the left and the right side, and nada. The fish tank is still there. The sound of water puts me to sleep when in traffic. Now I don't have to buy those wonderful CDs from Target. I have real wave sound.

Thanks, Jeff

There is some black plastic plugs under the door sills. If you remove the front one, all your water should pour out. There's alot of info on causes, but I thought I'd give you some drainage advice first.

The rocker panel on the pass side its a little hard to get to becuase it is located between the rocker pinch weld and the heat shield for the catalitic converter. I had the same problem you describe and once I pulled the plug out I was surprised hoe much water came out.
Hope this helps.

leak

Cover the sunroof with a tarp until it stops raining (assuming you HAVE a sunroof :rolleyes: )

If you do have a sunroof, you can check the drain holes in the 4 corners of the channel that the roof slides in.

I had a driver's side leak because the forward drain hole was blocked by a dead cicada carcass...well, THAT won't happen again for another 17 years! ;p

Andy

Perfect timing, I have a 97 Cruiser and here in L.A. too, I am experiencing the same problem that you are---too much water on the passenger side of the car--flooded. Yesterday I took the time to trace the water trail and noticed that it was coming from the sunroof. Only the right side of the top is leaking, so for now I've tape it over. I need a fix so I will be watching your post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom