Washer water level sensor. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

splitshot

Head cook, Bottle washer, and Peace keeper.
Threads
Same principle as well probes?

Trying to figure if it is worth my time to tear this down, search for the part or haul it to the appliance guru.

What I was looking for, Thanks.

I am putting that link as a favorite. Two year old dryer repair cost me $250. The repairman replaced a plastic part *&$%#

Yeah, the other month I helped a friend repair her washing machine. The agitator wouldn't agitate. Showed her how to disassemble things and that the "dog ears" had worn out their teeth. She went to the local Sears repair place and got the parts there. Cost her about $12. Online you can get them for about $5. But the guy behind the counter was pretty surprised that she was doing the work herself - she took the old parts in to make sure she got the right ones. His comment "You know you saved about $150 compared to if we sent someone out to fix it for you?"

A pet peeve of mine is that we've become such a throw-away society. A lot of it is because people no longer maintain or fix things themselves. Instead of comparing the $12 in parts to the price of a new one, you're comparing the $150~$350 cost of having a repairman come out and fix something. Then there is the old adage of "when something breaks it is only the beginning." I've replaced the "dog ears" on my washer twice and the belt once. The washer is 18 years old. If I followed that old adage and replaced the whole thing when "the repairs started" I'd likely be on my third washer by now instead of just spending $30 on parts in nearly two decades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom