warn xd9000i identification (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally got around trying to fix my old warn winch, bought it used back in 2010, worked hard all that time but salted roads here in Quebec, Canada finally did it in, pulled it a few years ago but never got around to tearing it apart. Finally did it this afternoon, the motor end cap was badly corroded, blew out lots corrosion inside the motor and I was finally able to turn it by hand, rehooked up all the cables and the motor is still alive, now I need a new endcap and gaskets to rebuild it, but WARN asks for the serial number but I think mine`s corroded off the transmission end cap. any way to identify using the motor numbers?

udN9oVv.jpg

WMb6SoV.jpg

FPcVhpB.jpg

It's unlikely we'd be able to ID the year with just the motor.

I can tell you this: It's no older than 2000 unless the motor was replaced. Looking through old catalogs, in 2000 we went from a finned motor-end housing to a standard one. We changed our logo in 2005, so it's likely this winch's vintage is between 2000 and 2005.

Andy

Hi Andy,

I wire brushed the transmission end last night looking for any numbers but could not find any, in those years was it stamped into the aluminum housing or just etched into the powder coating? I attached a picture where I was looking, should I be looking elsewhere?

I really will only need the 2 paper gaskets for the transmission side, those should be standard across the xd9000i right? And for the motor end cap would part number 61543 be the correct end cap for the motor model 26626? The rest of the parts look good enough to clean and reuse, I was able to pop out the brake assembly in one piece last night.

winch.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Andy, after further teardown, I will end up needing the motor side plate since the corrosion ate through around the bearing area, and trying to remove the motor tore that area straight out. So one side plate and a new motor should fix this winch back up, Montana Jack's seem to have all the necessary parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom