warn vr1000 freespool (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just rebuilt a winch. new to them really.
is the spool supposed to move with the control while in free spool? i can stop it with my hand easy when it is moving.
dumb question but I'd like to know i didnt mess anything up.

What winch did you build? Depending on the model, you may or may not have fouled up.

I'm gonna blame mgmt's decision to stop providing coffee on my reading right past this thread's title this morning...

Generally, the answer to your question is no. The engagement lever should have disengaged the planetary from the drive pinion. Grease is viscous, sure, but it shouldn't be stout enough to transmit motor power through to the spool.

I'd recommend pulling the planetary back off and giving it a study to make sure it all went back together correctly.

I'm gonna blame mgmt's decision to stop providing coffee on my reading right past this thread's title this morning...

Generally, the answer to your question is no. The engagement lever should have disengaged the planetary from the drive pinion. Grease is viscous, sure, but it shouldn't be stout enough to transmit motor power through to the spool.

I'd recommend pulling the planetary back off and giving it a study to make sure it all went back together correctly.
lol, I'm going to give a light mist of wd40 In the free wheel lever hole. i read that should be part of the maintenance procedure. If that fails I'll tear that side down, clean it up and reassemble. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom