wanted late model fj45 spare tire carier "underbox" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It wasn't under the snow. It was in my parts trailer (which has snow drifts melting around it).

Is this what you're looking for?

tire-support-1.jpg

tire-support-2.jpg

tire-support-3.jpg

tire-support-4.jpg

tire-support-5.jpg

tire-support-6.jpg

Yeah its the same. You can still get them through toyota as well. 51900-60270 is the part number. I got a used one from Spector in a box some where if you cant find one.

Is this what you're looking for?

If there are two of these available I would be interested in one. If nothing else some good measurement of the two brackets riveted to the main section. I searched SOR's site and couldn't find any spare tire carrier listed for the FJ45s. Also curious if we can get these in the US from Toyota? They have gotten funny about selling parts for cruisers never imported here. Could try and say it's the replacement for the 63-67 FJ45LP-B which tire carrier has long been discontinued.

I can snap a couple of photos of the riveted brackets and annotate them with dimensions.

This one came out of a late 7/1980 HJ45 Troopy. I have another one still attached to an 82 HJ47 Troopy that I don't need. The one under the '82 has a lot more surface rust but it looks like it can be cleaned up easily.

I would like to see some pictures. I'm waiting for the OP poster to chime in. It's his thread not trying to bud in.

I have another one still attached to an 82 HJ47 Troopy that I don't need. The one under the '82 has a lot more surface rust but it looks like it can be cleaned up easily.

Did you ever get a chance to snap any pictures of the second one you have?

I'm kinda thinking that the HJ47 is going to end up being a soft top someday. I was originally planning to turn it into a 4 door Troopy but a soft top is more appealing to my wife. I'd like to retain the spare tire hanger under it as a soft top.

I found a middle section with the chain but I was wondering if anyone could send some dimensions of the side c channel brackets or if someone had those two around. I’d love to get this mounted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom