Wanted - Late 3-Speed Bell Housing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Like the title says - figure someone might have one in the trash pile. Best to ask before paying shipping up north, as they're plenty cheap - just not fun to ship.

Running one with my SM420/Orion and stripped out the threads (torque), and currently have backing nuts (no easy feat to reassemble). Getting ready to do a tear down to inspect/re-assemble - so would like to get another bellhousing while I'm at it.

@TJT have you torn your 40 apart yet?

Bill I believe all the 3-speed bellhousings are the same?

Not terribly knowledgeable about 3- speed bellhousings, other than that's what you can get to work with an sm420. Mine has been in for almost 14 years I think.....so have forgotten a lot.

Between travel (NYC the week after GSMTR and then Toronto), family, surf, prepping for the hurricane and dealing with the aftermath - zero progress on the 40 this Summer. I have been cleaning out my various parts stashes, either giving stuff away, or selling to fund Moab next year....so that's a positive.

Hoping that aside from the bellhoiaing, the driveline R&R is just going to be a chance to double check everything is as it should be.

The big stuff is the long put off 4-link, cutting up and assembling spare tub parts, and the new cage....ambitious considering what all I have on my plate.

You? Is your 5th gear issues resolved?

Looks like it. One on Mud for $40 (for some reason I thought it was $30), but shipping adds a chunk. As originally posted - hoping someone simply has one in their junk pile (maybe I need to PM Deo). Lot of them end up in the trash as there's literally zero market for SM420 or 465 conversions these days with everyone seemingly going the auto route to improve crawl-ability.

That - and no matter how banal, FLCA needs to up the banter on this page.....:flipoff2:

I completely understand and agree. Just pointed that one out in case one does not surface.

@TJT (Tim) in Gainesville will have have his bellhousing available as he’s doing an H42 conversion into his 72. He’s just not on mud very much (and busy studying nuclear physics at UF)

@TJT (Tim) in Gainesville will have have his bellhousing available as he’s doing an H42 conversion into his 72. He’s just not on mud very much (and busy studying nuclear physics at UF)

My older son Brandon is at UF - pass the word along, I could probably arrange for him to bring it home. Otherwise, we may be up for graduation in a few months. So yeah, that might be an option.

I completely understand and agree. Just pointed that one out in case one does not surface.

Sorry if I didn't say thanks ;) Not really a terribly big priority, hasn't been an issue since I reassembled it with the backing nuts (top mind you) back at our camp along the Tellico River many many years back at GSTMR.

No big deal. This has been a yearly event for the last three years now.
This should be a quick turn around as the block is fine this time, just replacing the crankshaft.

TTT.

Somebody must have one of these boat anchors lying around - they're near to useless ;)

pretty sure I will be pulling mine out in feb I am swapping it for a 4speed gm bellhousing if all goes as plan i am up by jacksonville

Let me know - I get around about there on occasion (just passed through this past weekend). Also have several folks who could store if for me in St. Augustine if you get down that way. Will check back in February - doubt I'll get anything done over the holidays anyways.

Thanks. Bill.

pretty sure I will be pulling mine out in feb I am swapping it for a 4speed gm bellhousing if all goes as plan i am up by jacksonville

Let me know - I get around about there on occasion (just passed through this past weekend). Also have several folks who could store if for me in St. Augustine if you get down that way. Will check back in February - doubt I'll get anything done over the holidays anyways.

Thanks. Bill.
My sister in law lives in Jacksonville and could get it to Orlando as she comes down quite often if that helps. A couple of hours closer to you. Let me know if I can help out.

That would help - I'm up to Maitland more often than St. Augustine/Jax. Will keep it in mind.

My sister in law lives in Jacksonville and could get it to Orlando as she comes down quite often if that helps. A couple of hours closer to you. Let me know if I can help out.

That would help - I'm up to Maitland more often than St. Augustine/Jax. Will keep it in mind.

Dude - hit me up when you’re in town :beer:

Thanks. Bill.

@Cuda519 , hoping you're 4-speed conversion is progressing faster than my rebuild. Did you get the bellhousing out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom