Wanted Wanted: 4th Gen 4Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It seems I just missed the perfect opportunity by a day. On one of the big used car sites I came across a 2008 T4R Limited, v8, with 46k miles. It was only online for 5 days and when I called I was informed a buyer from Utah put a depost on it, sight unseen. I was "next in line" but, he ended up sending full payment for shipment. Mind you, this was 11 miles away from me in CT :(

Anyway, thats how this game goes. So back to the hunt. Ideally something similar.

2006-2009
<100k miles
Limited
V8 (or V6)

Let me know of any tips or ads you're aware of!

Keep hunting... took me a few months of being beat to the punch over and over, but just picked up a '98 T4R limited, with 154K and Rear E-locker over the weekend.

I think the best deals are found on Craiglist but they go quick. Many times I was the second or third person to contact them and typically the ads had only been up for less than an hour. I got lucky on this one, the person who was going to meet them had to bail last minute and I was next in line and was there within the hour. This guy had 12 people waiting if I backed out... His wife was mad he didn't list it for more... :clap:

Ive got a built 2005 4th gen on 33"s. Long Island NY. 2.5" lift etc message me if you are interested. Selling to get into an FZJ80
20190427_142526.jpg

Last edited:
Keep hunting... took me a few months of being beat to the punch over and over, but just picked up a '98 T4R limited, with 154K and Rear E-locker over the weekend.

I think the best deals are found on Craiglist but they go quick. Many times I was the second or third person to contact them and typically the ads had only been up for less than an hour. I got lucky on this one, the person who was going to meet them had to bail last minute and I was next in line and was there within the hour. This guy had 12 people waiting if I backed out... His wife was mad he didn't list it for more... :clap:

Nice find! I find it tougher to search on CL, mainly because you cannot specify as accurately as cars.com, etc. But I do agree some hidden gems will undoubtedly appear there.

If you're interested, as soon as I find a 5th Gen for my wife, we'll be selling our '06 Limited v8. It has just over 100k and is rust free. Hit me up and we can chat via text. I'm slow to respond on this site but will be checking back in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom