Wanted Wanted: 4th Gen 4Runner

It seems I just missed the perfect opportunity by a day. On one of the big used car sites I came across a 2008 T4R Limited, v8, with 46k miles. It was only online for 5 days and when I called I was informed a buyer from Utah put a depost on it, sight unseen. I was "next in line" but, he ended up sending full payment for shipment. Mind you, this was 11 miles away from me in CT :(

Anyway, thats how this game goes. So back to the hunt. Ideally something similar.

2006-2009
<100k miles
Limited
V8 (or V6)

Let me know of any tips or ads you're aware of!

Keep hunting... took me a few months of being beat to the punch over and over, but just picked up a '98 T4R limited, with 154K and Rear E-locker over the weekend.

I think the best deals are found on Craiglist but they go quick. Many times I was the second or third person to contact them and typically the ads had only been up for less than an hour. I got lucky on this one, the person who was going to meet them had to bail last minute and I was next in line and was there within the hour. This guy had 12 people waiting if I backed out... His wife was mad he didn't list it for more... :clap:

Ive got a built 2005 4th gen on 33"s. Long Island NY. 2.5" lift etc message me if you are interested. Selling to get into an FZJ80
20190427_142526.jpg

Last edited:
Keep hunting... took me a few months of being beat to the punch over and over, but just picked up a '98 T4R limited, with 154K and Rear E-locker over the weekend.

I think the best deals are found on Craiglist but they go quick. Many times I was the second or third person to contact them and typically the ads had only been up for less than an hour. I got lucky on this one, the person who was going to meet them had to bail last minute and I was next in line and was there within the hour. This guy had 12 people waiting if I backed out... His wife was mad he didn't list it for more... :clap:
Nice find! I find it tougher to search on CL, mainly because you cannot specify as accurately as cars.com, etc. But I do agree some hidden gems will undoubtedly appear there.

Top Bottom