Want to Keep AHC if Possible (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I tried searching but cannot find anything that addresses this specifically: 05 GX470 Sport/KDSS 150K, very low rust

Rear driver is sagging, and the compressor is activating often. I think I can source oem airbags at a reasonable enough cost, but I can't find oem shocks/struts/compressor in a price range I can live with. Ideally I want to keep the same height, airbags, and functionality of the oem shock/struts.

Are the Luft-Meister luft-meister.com Rear shock absorber really the only aftermarket alternative with the dampener system? I cannot seem to find a toyota alternative.

Does anyone know of a reliable aftermarket compressor? See problems with buying a used oem?

If I am able to piece together the bags, front/rear shocks will I also need springs or are they generally reusable?

I'm sure there's more to this, but that's where I'm stuck currently

Any help is appreciated

You can keep height control with any replacement bags and any appropriate length shocks. You only need the factory shocks to keep the comfort/sport ride selection.

I think the arnott or other rebadged continental bags are just fine quality wise.

You can keep height control with any replacement bags and any appropriate length shocks. You only need the factory shocks to keep the comfort/sport ride selection.

I think the arnott or other rebadged continental bags are just fine quality wise.
Correct. The electronic shock functionality for sport, normal, and comfort is separate from the height adjustability of the rear air bags.

I ran with stock oem rear air bags and aftermarket non-electronic Bilstein shocks.

The result was that the sport, normal, comfort dial for the shocks no longer worked, but I could still adjust the rear height to low, normal, and high.

So, you can fix the rear airbags independently of the shocks.

I personally think that the electronic shocks is a feature that is not very useful, so I wouldn’t hesitate to change to non-electronic shocks.

Unfortunately, I don’t believe that any basic aftermarket shock will be as soft as the electronic oem shocks but maybe the very expensive shocks that allow full manual adjustments on the compression and rebound.

So, fix the air bags and keep doing research on the shocks.

And you confirmed that the air compressor for the rear airbags is bad? Typically the compressor is good, but the air bag has micro cracks that keep deflating and make the compressor go on. So, confirm that the compressor is bad before you replace.

From my experience and research, the top 3 failures from the rear ride height are:
1. Leaking air bag due to micro cracks or rips
2. Height sensors that rust out or fail
3. Bad compressor that won’t inflate probably caused by over use from either 1 or 2 above

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom