Want to buy a tube bender (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mauser

Supporting Vendor
Threads
I want to make myself a set of sliders and would like to bend 1.75 .120 tube. I have been looking online for benders and there are quite a few from the Harbor freight kinkers all the way up to the $70,000 mandrel benders. I don't have the money for anything too fancy, but dont want something that makes ugly bends.

Any of you have experience with budget benders? I have been looking at the JD2, Rogue, and the Affordable Bender. Do you think I could make my money back if I were to buy a bender. I figure if I can sell just a couple of sets of sliders that would be enough to get me to buy the bender.

If anybody knows of a bender for a good deal in the Albuquerque area I would like to check it out.

unless you have a serious need for a bender, I'd suggest asking the club for help with couple of bends for sliders. That's what I did for mine. The pragmatic side of me says that you won't make your money back, if that's the driving force behind this decision. Just my .02 cents worth.

unless you have a serious need for a bender, I'd suggest asking the club for help with couple of bends for sliders. That's what I did for mine. The pragmatic side of me says that you won't make your money back, if that's the driving force behind this decision. Just my .02 cents worth.

Thanks. Not really the driving force, just a way to justify it to myself. I have access to some high dollar benders, but I like to be able to do stuff myself on my own time. I also like to be the one helping people, I hate to ask for it. I will be buying soon. I've wanted one for a long time. Just trying to fugure out which one.

Sounds like a justified purchase to me :)

The dies cost more than the actual bender so if you were to pool your resources with other bender owners in HDC, perhaps purchase the dies that aren't owned by the other owners? Given where you live, this might not be feasible.

If I could find something used locally that would be real nice. Right now I am trying to choose between the JD2 and the Rogue Fab benders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom