Waccamaw River Camping trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A couple buddies of mine and I are looking at doing a kayak camping trip down the waccamaw river in May. Going from 130 bridge to 904 bridge. Anyone been down the river in that area? I figure it would be alot like campin in fl when i was a kid (mosquitos, small gaters, snakes, etc). We'll be basing out of one of the guys beachhouses in sunset.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have any info, but man that sounds fun! Watch out for water moccisans too!

Take your bug spray! The Waccamaw is a cool river - dark, tannin color with all kinds of life around you. Sounds fun!

I'll be sure to take a bunch of pics. Growin up in fl, Im well aware of the bugs, snakes, gators, and other critter related things in brown, flatwater camping. At least two of us will be bringing some "warmth" in case we encounter an overambitious critter. I'm not sure I'd trust the 3rd with any "warmth".

I'm psyched about it. First "guys" weekend in a very very very long time. We're putting together the gear list, food list, etc(started that in late December actually.....can you tell we're excited about goin?). if the weather turns bad, we can always sit in my friends beachhouse and drink in Sunset Beach. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom