VSV valve (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sup guys, I’ll be installing an a/c idle up on my 84 fj60. I’m currently running a city racer carb and I’m missing a couple of parts. Is there a recommended replacement for the idle up VSV since the OEM is no longer in production?

Thanks a bunch! I’ll order one of those as well. Picked up this one on eBay for $12

E5BEA538-1977-429C-87EC-A54C876571EC.png

That one will work, too. You'll just need a connector or wire direct with spade terminals. The ebay one with the pigtail is not the proper connector, either, but easier to make work. Just swap the little black cylinder 'filter' on to it.

If your truck did not come with A/C I don't remember if the wiring for the A/C idle up solenoid is there or not.

The connectors for the black one are on ebay.

Good luck.

That one will work, too. You'll just need a connector or wire direct with spade terminals. The ebay one with the pigtail is not the proper connector, either, but easier to make work. Just swap the little black cylinder 'filter' on to it.

If your truck did not come with A/C I don't remember if the wiring for the A/C idle up solenoid is there or not.

The connectors for the black one are on ebay.

Good luck.
Spike strip, where exactly is the A/C idle up solenoid located?

On driver's fender. No pic handy.

1641844571903.png

Yes

So I finally received both vsv. I connected the pig tail one and it didn’t seem to work. Wonder if it’s a connector issue.

Verify the valve works by putting 12v directly to it. You should hear or feel a click.

Verify you're getting 12V to valve at the harness side.

near as I can tell the A/C idle up tubing shown in this picture is not connected properly. The lower port on the VSV should be connected to the ac idle up diapragm, but it is connected to a vacuum source on the brake booster. It looks like both ports on the VSV are connected to a vacuum source. Connect the tubing according to the schematic above.

I had my hoses swapped when I reconnected everything and got this terrible hiss that was coming from the carb and manifold area.....I thought it was an exhaust leak. Swapped hoses and it fixed it.

near as I can tell the A/C idle up tubing shown in this picture is not connected properly. The lower port on the VSV should be connected to the ac idle up diapragm, but it is connected to a vacuum source on the brake booster. It looks like both ports on the VSV are connected to a vacuum source. Connect the tubing according to the schematic above.

Photo isn't mine and was only intended to show location of components, although any source of manifold vacuum will work with the open port of VSV then connected to idle up .

Yup. Got that. No worries. Just adding context. :)

So anything less than 12v will keep the solenoid from working correctly? Need to find my multimeter and check the voltage at harness side. I can hear the solenoid click when I turn the a/c on and it holds vacuum, but won’t release it. It did release vacuum when I connected it directly to the battery though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom