Visiting Sedona, AZ 10/7 to 10/9 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello -

A group of Cruiserheads from New Mexico are going to be in the Sedona area from 10/7 through 10/9 and were looking for some trail recommendations and/or some locals who might be willing to show us around. Here's a thread with more details:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/trails-events-expeditions/521190-visiting-sedona-az-10-7-10-9-a.html

It sounds like your group may be based in the Phoenix area (not sure), so if there's another club in Arizona I should be talking to, please let me know. Thanks!

Evan

From a wheeling perspective; if you have been to Moab/SE Utah, are likely to be disappointed. IMHO, most of the "trails" are tourist traps, overpopulated by pink heeps, like wheeling in a neighborhood. It's like an overcrowded, oversold, tiny slice of Moab.:eek::hillbilly:

trails

Hello -

A group of Cruiserheads from New Mexico are going to be in the Sedona area from 10/7 through 10/9 and were looking for some trail recommendations and/or some locals who might be willing to show us around. Here's a thread with more details:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/trails-events-expeditions/521190-visiting-sedona-az-10-7-10-9-a.html

It sounds like your group may be based in the Phoenix area (not sure), so if there's another club in Arizona I should be talking to, please let me know. Thanks!

Evan
try this link...http://sedonafest.com/trails...I attended this a did some of these trails. I may be up there that weekend you are.

From a wheeling perspective; if you have been to Moab/SE Utah, are likely to be disappointed. IMHO, most of the "trails" are tourist traps, overpopulated by pink heeps, like wheeling in a neighborhood. It's like an overcrowded, oversold, tiny slice of Moab.:eek::hillbilly:

Good to know. I am addicted to Moab, and the wife thought it might be nice to try Sedona for a change. We'll see what we can find and make the best of it.

try this link...http://sedonafest.com/trails...I attended this a did some of these trails. I may be up there that weekend you are.

Thanks for the link. I think most of these trails are also mentioned in the Charles Wells book. That will give us some ideas.

We may be running a trail a little south of Sedona on Saturday with the AZ TLCA group. They are talking about running from Lake Pleasant to the Crown King chili cook-off. Could be fun.

If you are going to be in the area, post up and let us know. We'll be watching this thread. If it looks like you are going to be up there, we can exchange cell numbers and other contact info.

Thanks!
Evan

I live in Sedona and might be able to show you some of the local trails on Sunday. Tools right about the overpopulated trails in the area. There seems to be a Jeep on your tail every 5 minutes.

We usually share the parking lot,,, at the Bowen?:hillbilly:

Very perceptive - that would be me!

What color is your LX? I seem to remember a white one with AZ plates? My license plate is NM plate LOCKD80.

I live in Sedona and might be able to show you some of the local trails on Sunday. Tools right about the overpopulated trails in the area. There seems to be a Jeep on your tail every 5 minutes.

As far as I know, our schedule is open for Sunday, and we'd be open to getting together if you've got some time. We'll be over there late Thursday, and I'll continue to monitor this thread.

Evan

You guys could run up Allen Springs or Smiley rock on Mingus and couple it with a stop for beer / food in Jerome. Could be done either coming or going. It would be way less crowded and great views of Sedona from a distance.

Very perceptive - that would be me!

What color is your LX? I seem to remember a white one with AZ plates? My license plate is NM plate LOCKD80.

I believe we have briefly exchanged pleasantries a couple of times there. For me, Moab is all about the wheeling, so little time for socializing, especially at the hotel. When there, always busy cleaning from the last and/or getting ready for the next run!:eek:

My rig.

attachment.php

As far as I know, our schedule is open for Sunday, and we'd be open to getting together if you've got some time. We'll be over there late Thursday, and I'll continue to monitor this thread.

Evan

PM'd my number

We were there last week (W-F) and the town was a near ghost town compared to years past. Next W/E should be better with the Art Festival going on. Never seen Sedona that quiet. Even at the Javalena Cantina...slow..........

I remember you and your truck. It will be time to get registered for CM 12 here beore too long. We'll probably see you at the Bowen in May.

I believe we have briefly exchanged pleasantries a couple of times there. For me, Moab is all about the wheeling, so little time for socializing, especially at the hotel. When there, always busy cleaning from the last and/or getting ready for the next run!:eek:

My rig.

attachment.php

We were there last week (W-F) and the town was a near ghost town compared to years past. Next W/E should be better with the Art Festival going on. Never seen Sedona that quiet. Even at the Javalena Cantina...slow..........

We'll post up after we get back. Should be fun regardless. My wife already has a ticket to the Art Festival. She can do that while I'm wheeling...

Jazz on the rocks is going on this weekend so Sedona will be busy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom