VIN PLATE REPO (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

47coeman

Love those 45's
Threads
i come to the powers that be to hopefully find a person out there that is making new vin plates to replace the 1965 fj 45-21008 that I own. I know Toyota Matt was doing them however covid 19 got the engraver that was helping him. Below is my existing example which is hardly legible, Hoping there is someone out there that will be able to help me out

14191DDE-B760-4D1C-A6F5-483AC06C0BF5.jpeg

Last edited:
Of course it's KT. ......... KY is some type of jelly, but not sure of the flavor. Ha.
It’s KT! 😜

page 18 does not impress me .....

during my 10+ year reign prior to covid19 wiping my passion as the mud data-id-plates any-thing maker i worked on some client sourced plates ,l and i could see the whole hand-apply of the said black paint ?

these are NOT created using any paint or by hand , the ink that only cures to heavy duty tough as nails , by a UV light for 2 straight hours full on steady , is applied my a crude form of a a analogue type writer ....

the black on my pates , is in-fact the INK from ocean going sea OCTUPUSYS

perhaps this will better explain what i refer to above :

DSCN5488.JPG
DSCN5502.JPG
DSCN5517.JPG
DSCN7004.JPG
DSCN7081.JPG
DSCN8283.JPG
DSCN52481.jpg
DSCN9762.JPG
black3fj25.JPG

Had these made locally (South Africa) for under $50 a piece -

Screenshot_20230411_193020_Photos.jpg
Flash brings up printing stripes which are not evident in natural light.

View attachment 3296048Flash brings up printing stripes which are not evident in natural light.

- those 2 above DATA ID PLATES are not period correct ...

- the said TEXT FONT vehicle specific is very clip art ...

- the TOP FJ43 is missing the L or R left hand drive or RHD ?

- the 4 corner holes were egged out with a smaller drill bit for some reason ?

- the local S/A law of adding the GVW4500LB is not laid out correctly and missing the decimals points and colan spacing ...

- yes , $50 level i agree ...

- otherwise , nice plates ...

+

@ToyotaMatt - are you selling the plates shown above (specifically the 45LV VIN plate shown above)?

I did a search of your website and didn't find anything. Please advise...thanks.

View attachment 3296048Flash brings up printing stripes which are not evident in natural

View attachment 3296048Flash brings up printing stripes which are not evident in natural light.
I think those look awesome. I'd love to buy one if you'd be willing to share your source. Or maybe you'd like to do a side hustle?

@ToyotaMatt - are you selling the plates shown above (specifically the 45LV VIN plate shown above)?

I did a search of your website and didn't find anything. Please advise...thanks.

these are the LAST of LAST of what i have

so this is just be closing a chapter after COVID ....

Please ID or screen shot the the exact PLATE u need below

or PM me please

F04DE1F5-5761-418D-943C-B9C948DECB4D.jpeg

Cute

Right hand drive Cruisers only got an R suffix late in production. You might want to study up.

Both plates are for '72 J4 models, the 40 being an Australian spec and the 43 a general countries spec.

I have the untouched vehicle and original plate, just made new ones for laughs. The GVM is Australian spec and correct. The holes are laser cut and fit perfectly using OE hardware on the OE holes

You Would do well to remember that there is more to the world than US spec or gulf spec where you source parts from on a Japanese made vehicle
- those 2 above DATA ID PLATES are not period correct ...

- the said TEXT FONT vehicle specific is very clip art ...

- the TOP FJ43 is missing the L or R left hand drive or RHD ?

- the 4 corner holes were egged out with a smaller drill bit for some reason ?

- the local S/A law of adding the GVW4500LB is not laid out correctly and missing the decimals points and colan spacing ...

- yes , $50 level i agree ...

- otherwise , nice plates ...

+

Cute

Right hand drive Cruisers only got an R suffix late in production. You might want to study up.

Both plates are for '72 J4 models, the 40 being an Australian spec and the 43 a general countries spec.

I have the untouched vehicle and original plate, just made new ones for laughs. The GVM is Australian spec and correct. The holes are laser cut and fit perfectly using OE hardware on the OE holes

You Would do well to remember that there is more to the world than US spec or gulf spec where you source parts from on a Japanese made vehicle

- i have a 8+ year Engineering Degree in Hands on Vintage TOYOTA Data ID Plate artisan and metallurgy-maker ......:cool:

-
MUD advance search feature , can tell anyone that ....

- my extensive research in the field , concludes The L and the R were phased IN , approx. the same time .........maybe NOT the exact day on the calendar here , but close enough ,...

- i like your TECH . mr locklaw , i know you know your
TEq and indeed know it well my friend ....:)

- so in lock-step with everything both of us are well versed in , a for no other reason then it will be barrels of PHUN....

- i hereby DOUBLE-DARE you to correctly post the exact production MONTH & Modle Year when the L was introduced here in North America destination market Engine Bay Data ID plates .... :popcorn:

- for Land Cruiser Models .....:idea:

- and to keep this in good order here , if your correct , i WILL absolutely AWARD you the GRAND PRIZE and Post it to you in SA , or your USA post box import export service provider ......

this is a Excellent opportunity to help further and foster the SELF Empowerment through T-TEN-Teq education that each oner operator needs to have to help keep all our beloved Land Cruisers on and off the Road

thank you Mr. Lock Law ...

let the DATA I.D. Plates GAMES BEGIN ! :lol:

kindly
matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom