VI: Buy/Sell/Trade, In Search Of (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spotted this.
IMG_2896.JPG
$8,500 · 1991 landcruiser prado

used to be, when someone put 123456 as a price, it was sortof an "offers" situation...

Now I wonder if he meant to put a comma in...
I asked him what he wanted and he said $22,500 I guess he was afraid to put the price in because it would scare everyone off.

I'll be parting out a 1990 Hilux Surf - Manual transmission (R150F) and Mechanical Injection 2LT-II pretty soon. Truck has been well maintained and is in generally pretty good shape. All I want is the short block for my LJ78. Everything else will be sold. Let me know if you are in need of anything.

In addition to the parts that cross to 2nd gen 4runners, it has good condition BFG AT 31x10.5R15 tires, and dual series 24 batteries that are pretty new. Exhaust system is 2.5" I believe and in good shape.

Last edited:
What year? they changed over the years or are you just after the yoke for your swap? If you need one to go between your earlier tansfer case and later axles you can just swap the yoke on the end but maybe you know that already. This will help you identify what one you need.
IMG_2663.JPG
I have some 69-74 also might have a 74-84. just guessing what your up to you might need 74-84. Also radd cruisers in Duncan has closed but they still might be cleaning up and had a good collection of drive shafts they might want gone.

Last edited:
IMG_6744.JPG

Anyone want a new 330 A 24v brushless alternator? Currently on bcauction.ca and at $151.

If your cruiser leans, just mount it on the high side and it should level it out ;) The listing says it's 83 lbs.

Tim Taylor, eat your heart out.

What year? they changed over the years or are you just after the yoke for your swap? If you need one to go between your earlier tansfer case and later axles you can just swap the yoke on the end but maybe you know that already. This will help you identify what one you need. View attachment 1568570 I have some 69-74 also might have a 74-84. just guessing what your up to you might need 74-84. Also radd cruisers in Duncan has closed but they still might be cleaning up and had a good collection of drive shafts they might want gone.
The rear is a 60x68.5 the front is about 66x56, it’s could be a 64 and just did a crap job measuring

I'll be parting out a 1990 Hilux Surf - Manual transmission (R150F) and Mechanical Injection 2LT-II pretty soon. Truck has been well maintained and is in generally pretty good shape. All I want is the short block for my LJ78. Everything else will be sold. Let me know if you are in need of anything.

In addition to the parts that cross to 2nd gen 4runners, it has good condition BFG AT 31x10.5R15 tires, and dual series 24 batteries that are pretty new. Exhaust system is 2.5" I believe and in good shape.

Pictures of said truck.

Starting get attached to this little truck...seems a shame to part it in a way.

IMG_20171107_082748656.jpg

IMG_20171107_082813054.jpg

IMG_20171105_152053788_HDR.jpg

IMG_20171105_152102282_HDR.jpg

IMG_20171105_152208066.jpg

Why are you parting it? What size are the wheels? how old are the tires?

Why are you parting it? What size are the wheels? how old are the tires?

My 2LTE had a history of abuse in Japan. When the head originally went on it, the owner in Japan let water rust the rear two cylinders. My truck still runs good, but has increasing blowby and is burning some oil now. Time to deal with the abused short block. As luck would have it, this surf came up for sale right when I needed a new short block, so I bought it. As all I need is the short block, I'm parting the rest out. Wish I could use the transmission, but it does not work with my landcruiser split transfer case.

Tires are in good shape with 20,000kms on them. They are 31x10.5R15 BFG T/A KO. Rims are 15", not sure of width or offset. They are real two piece rims though, and would clean up well if someone blasted and painted the centre section. Offset is not suitable for landcruiser, good for 4runner or Toyota trucks tho.

Speedo Cable broke... anyone have one for a 40. Or know where I can get one.

Wallyworld has "locking" lug nuts for 12 x 1.5 mm studs. Believe it or not they're $1 for a set of 4. I picked up a couple sets for my spare tire mount because I stole a couple of the nuts for something else.

At $0.25 a piece they could also be useful for securing shovels or jacks to your rig. They're not the most secure, but they stop punks who aren't determined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom