Veterans Day Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll be at cape Lookout. Which reminds me, I need to post that trip thread.

Cape lookout🤔
Look out for Cape Lookout thread, while dreaming of looking out from Cape Lookout.

Good looking out Johnny

Last edited:
Yup, will be leading the rides at Grand Overland for Mind Over Land, mindoverland.org, used to be Patriot Therapy. They are running th event this year

I will be volunteering for the event For the second time.

Wanted to hit this event and do some wheeling but had a chance to head up to the farm and work on my 62 with David so I took advantage of the opportunity. Made some good progress on the motor. So far it has new oil pan, valve cover, side cover, and timing gear cover gaskets. Also replaced front and rear main seals. Added some obnoxious paint (inspired by Marshall) and de smogged.

Also got the old motor tranny and transfer case out. Got to get a few more parts and mate up the transmission/transfer case and hopefully get this motor plugged in soon.
C41E5754-35C2-4573-ACD2-807C0FF4AE4A.jpeg
a1e21c86-bc49-4ab9-8c41-0fe04c9c7ed1-jpeg.3168918
C43D4CF3-AAF7-474A-98AA-406B86302E6D.jpeg
9A413AE3-3296-4239-AE28-D5C1D0FE8046.jpeg
65183B57-1183-49D3-BF53-503DCE6C6D32.jpeg

Last edited:
Run was low key and no frills. It was outstanding! Planning on volunteering next year if they will have me. Good seeing you @izzyandsue

We got lucky, small enough group spent most of the morning at the obstacle course, driving and coaching. Even the stock Taco did the crazy ditch out there. Once they got their comfort up, drove out the perimeter trails then down the river front for lunch. The rest of the afternoon was all in the medium trails, lot of fun for all the drivers and passengers. We drove almost every trail but the winching ones. Small group, no traffic thanks to the private site, max seat time. Everyone got pretty muddy, no one got stuck.

Sorry I missed it but...... when your Step Dad who happens to be a skilled mechanic with a full shop invites you and your kids to come up and work on your junk all weekend, and let the kids ride 4 wheelers and go carts you have to take advantage of the family / wrenching time. Hopefully we can make it next year. My 62 has been sitting for way to long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom