Ventilation system acting strangely (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2011 200 with 154k miles and this week my ventilation system began acting strangely. If I place the system in AUTO, it will blow MAX heat. Unless I turn the temperature all the way down to the lowest setting, then it will blow MAX cold. If I increase the heat even 1 degree, it's MAX heat again. Anyone happen to know a fix for this that doesn't involve the dealership?

Thanks
Brad

I have a 2011 200 with 154k miles and this week my ventilation system began acting strangely. If I place the system in AUTO, it will blow MAX heat. Unless I turn the temperature all the way down to the lowest setting, then it will blow MAX cold. If I increase the heat even 1 degree, it's MAX heat again. Anyone happen to know a fix for this that doesn't involve the dealership?

Thanks
Brad
Probably a temp sensor issue. The max and min settings in auto override the temp readings. The truck is probably reading the temp as it’s min sensor value, so in any of the auto modes the truck thinks it needs to heat up. The main cabin temp sensor is near your right knee when sitting in drivers seat. A small rectangle with a few slits in it.

see here

Thread 'RTH - Climate Control Issue'
RTH - Climate Control Issue - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/rth-climate-control-issue.1247688/

Yep, the temperature sensor mysteriously became unplugged some how. Thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom