Vehicle shipping recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys,
So it’s not for a cruiser but I’m buying a car from a seller in Kansas City and thinking that I’ll probably have it shipped back to MD. Debating on open or enclosed but either way, does anyone have a recommendation on shipping companies?

I was planning to just drive it home but it’s not exactly a car I want to get stuck driving in salty/snowy conditions. it would be fun if the weather turned out being nice and dry though!

I used Summit Auto Transport (Summit Auto Transport |) when I brought my 4Runner back from Denver. Price was reasonable and the communications was great.

Aaron was the guy I worked with there.

Do you remember roughly how much it cost?

Had a quote last week from Summit to bring a 55 to PA from Coeur d'Alene Idaho- almost 3000 miles, was $2000. I'd guess maybe a little under $1000 from Kansas City. That is for open transport I can't imagine what an enclosed ride would cost. I've used Summit a few times in the past and guys in our club just recently used them to ship two cruisers from PA to Salt Lake City and back. Don't know what that trip cost.

I Used Freedom Auto Transport to have my LC shipped from CA to VA, real friendly people and found a driver to pick the car up within 2hrs of talking to them. Received the LC in 4 days when they quoted a week. Great service.

Do not use Direct Express Auto! They have horrible service, took over 3 days and never found a driver and still haven't refunded me my deposit from Oct when I have email verification saying they have returned my deposit.

Also Freedom Auto cost $1400 to transport here.

So far I’m getting$850-900. I wonder if I’ll save money if I’m not picky about the pick up date...? Still not a bad price

Double post.

Last edited:
Do you remember roughly how much it cost?

$650 from Denver to Alexandria on an open trailer.

But with Summit, you can't always do a mile for mile comparison. I think he (Aaron at Summit) contracts out with a network of independent drivers, trying to get the best price for you that he can. Unless you're in a big hurry, I'd at least give him a call and let him have a day or two to see what he can do. My hunch is that if you're getting quick quotes online or even over the phone, they're adding on a bit of cushion to ensure they get a profit.

$650 from Denver to Alexandria on an open trailer.

That's cheap!

Last November, Ben and I paid $1800 to ship our trucks from SLC to York PA.

Aaron at Summit is a broker and gets a fee for his services. As he should.

You could also try Uship.com, just make sure that if you use someone, they are insured. I've shipped many motorcycles using uship. There have been a few occasions where I had to show the shipper how to properly strap the bike down. There are a lot of knuckleheads in the cross country shipping world...

I’ve reached out to a bunch of them. Waiting to get call backs from a few. One of them won’t do an open carrier because they are concerned with ground clearance and I think it may be an issue I haven’t considered.

It figures, a few months ago I almost bought a 60 series on 40s amd was concerned with bumper height laws. Now I’m buying something super low!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom