Vedder Mountain next weekend? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We just got back from the south side of Vedder Mountain and found some decent trails. Some were a bit much to attempt on our own as I didn't want to risk spending the night. Weather permitting I going back next weekend if anyone wants to get out wheeling. We got some shots of a nice doe and buck that were watching us contemplate the dug out in the pic's. I'm good either Saturday or Sunday so what ever works out. Here are a few pic's and a short clip. :bounce::bounce:

YouTube - BJ70 Land Cruiser in the mud
IMG_4567.jpg
IMG_4564.jpg

Stop it. You're having way too much fun in your newly locked toy!

What gearing do you have? In a couple of your vids it looks like you're moving along pretty quick...

Stop it. You're having way too much fun in your newly locked toy!

What gearing do you have? In a couple of your vids it looks like you're moving along pretty quick...

The stock 370's and stock not so low BJ70 transfer case. I'm going to put the Marks kit in the transfer case before spring. Crawling speed no so good with the 33's but I'll change it this winter.

Make sure you check the water depth. I seen picks on one hole up there that will put the water up to your roof line. From the surface it looks like many of the shallower holes.

I'd love to go out but need to do my caliper rebuild before I do any wet wheeling. The boot is cracked on one of them.

Make sure you check the water depth. I seen picks on one hole up there that will put the water up to your roof line. From the surface it looks like many of the shallower holes.

I'd love to go out but need to do my caliper rebuild before I do any wet wheeling. The boot is cracked on one of them.

I prodded that one trench with a stick the whole way and it wasn't too deep. The issue was not knowing where the trail went and that there was another tank trap up the road. The drop in was steep and backing out wouldn't have been an option. Once you are in that one your committed and I didn't feel like stringing out 100 feet of cable and go through another similar pit. I think I'd get through both of them but best not to tempt fate when one is the lone vehicle in the bush with the family in the truck. I spent a night in the bush in my old Land Rover back in Alberta and I can tell you two things, Land Rover axles are week and aluminum conducts cold very well.

hey you guys still going?? which day?? I might come with you haven't been up there for quite a few years, anyways post up a meeting spot date and a time

I'll answer that. Sunday. Yarrow exit. Meet at the Yarrow skate park at 10:00 am.
I'm leaving from Cloverdale if you want to meet up there. Bring rubber boots!!:p

ham

some nice footage you got there dave. hopefully i can make it out next weekend...ive yet to hit vedder or anywhere in the chilliwack area and im dyin to get out again.

I don't think we touched on half the trails that are there. The last on we aborted on looked like a bob sled run and we would have been winching for a hour if we committed to it. Thankfully we walked that part first as it was too late in the day to get stuck down a steep, 200 M long rut. The draw back is most trails had a ton of mud. The one video of Aaron dropping into that hole was something else if you were there, it smelled like it was a flooded mass grave ....... stinky mud? Between the mud and wet leaves we did some sliding.

Ya i think i can make it. 10:00 Sunday at the yellow barns? Just have to work on my freinds Yota ,get the brakes working.

Ya i think i can make it. 10:00 Sunday at the yellow barns? Just have to work on my freinds Yota ,get the brakes working.

Sounds like a good time and place to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom