V8 Diesel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Never say never. The new rule on the stupid 5 mile/hr bumper - despite ICBC protests - opens the door for vehicles from Europe and the US for import which would not have made it. IVOAC is now pushing harder for acceptance of UNEC safety guidelines. If that were accepted and if Toyota wouldn't sell it here, they would be the possibility to import. The main reason now that many vehicles do not make it to the Canadian Market is that manufactures or individuals have to prove that the vehicle meets "our" protectionist regs ... I mean safety regs.:rolleyes: So Phil and Jeff, if your pockets are deep enough you could very well have that 200 Series V8 Cruiser. I'd be happy will the smaller 76 Series Cruier myself. My pocket will never be so deep to afford the 200 Series mall crawler and I like the SFA in the 76.

BTW, the UN Peace Keepering Force is the only customer to still be able to get the Patrol with the TD4.2T.

That looks far too fancy for me.

I just may own one in 25 years though. :)

I remember thinking that about BJ60s in the mid 80s. Who knows? Maybe Phil will have a 200 series at the Big Bar run in spring of 2020!

I can dream Bruce... I can dream
GG

Did you notice which side he was driving on?

The new V8 Diesel can be brought in with this group buy. There has been one request. The only problem is it is really hard to find a 1/2 cut with the new V8.

The new V8 Diesel can be brought in with this group buy. There has been one request. The only problem is it is really hard to find a 1/2 cut with the new V8.

It's far too new to find one in a wreaking yard.

I believe some are available but >$12,000, tranny not included.

It's far too new to find one in a wreaking yard.

They have enough power that there should be a few wrecked ones for sure. The first reports from the Aussies about them in the 70 series pickups was that they had too much power and plenty would wind up in the wreckers. The 200 series has even more power. I'm casually wondering if it will be worth the wiring hassle once they become more common. Maybe I can just buy a "half cut" with the cut right behind the cab of a VDJ79. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom