UZJ 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Port of Indecision...otherwise Northern Arizona
I have a friend who I'm trying to get out of his 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee before it falls apart around him, and he's looking at a 99-2000 UZJ-100 with about 60K on it. I'm not too familiar with the 100 series, so what upkeep items need to be addressed with a 60K 100 series? Any specific off road options (ie. rear locker) which are available in those years?

-H-

Personally either one is fine for offroading depending on what type he has in mind. The 80 is, in my opinion, a far better choice especially if that offroading will be frequent and more than a causual drive down a dirt road. Especially with the available mods and their costs.

Make sure if you purchase a '99 to get the rear air conditioning, it was optional.

uzj100

A rear locker was optional on a 99. I haven't had any problems with my 99 cruiser, it has 62k on it. I think there is a big 50k tune up. Good call on the optional rear air. The interiors have some wood dash options. My window motors are slowing down, esp. on one window, may wanna check if thats an issue. Thats all I can think of, very reliable.

-Matt

Rear window motors. Both of my rear window motors have slowed way down. These motors are about $180 each.

My '99 has 76,500 miles.

I saw a '00 offered for $23,500 with 78k miles, I called, it was sold.

Major service that I am concerned with is 90k miles, timing belt!

I have owned both an 80 and 100 and the 100 is more of a family truckster. I am sticking with a 100 series.

uzj100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom