Uwharrie Work Day Sept 15th (Saturday) 9AM @ Hunt Camp (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fourtrax

SILVER Star
Threads
FYI, Update from Terry

Hi Everyone – It has been a long time since the June work day and I know several of you did work on your own in July & August. I greatly appreciate it. The next work day is Saturday, September 15 at 9 am. We’ll meet at the Uwharrie Hunt Camp and go from there. We’re going to be picking up trash, putting up orange diamonds and cutting back brush. It’ll be somewhat low key. I’m looking forward to seeing everyone.

I have great news (for me especially). WE have filled our 2 vacant recreation technician positions. Both technicians are starting on Monday, October 1st!!!!! You’ll be getting to know them at the volunteer work days, as they patrol the trails, 10 Days of Uwharrie, and at the Uwharrie Rendezvous.

I will not be able to do the October 13th work day so I’ll have my new guys work with you. I’ll be enjoying “Hamilton” in Charlotte that afternoon. It’ll only be their 12th day so make sure to treat them right. Their names are Brock Stovall filling in behind Rodney Smith, who became our Timber Sale Administrator and Mike Beck filling in behind Annilie Kelley, who transferred to SC to be a LEO on the Francis Marion National Forest. I appreciate all of your help and patience out on the forest and the trails. It has been a very busy summer.

I’ll see you on Sept. 15th. Bye - Terry

upload_2018-9-7_18-28-21.png
Theresa Stevens Savery (Terry)

MS Forest Resources / Watershed Management

District Recreation Staff Officer

Forest Service

National Forests in North Carolina, Uwharrie National Forest5

Last edited:
Volunteer hour credits for collecting trash and bringing it back to the registration tent?

Obviously this is Saturday of Logan's Run, so participating in the full blown workday isnt going to happen for most people.

yeah Forest is closed Work will wait till next month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom