Uwharrie News: Trail Closure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

u mean these guys from Charlotte.

These MOs drove up at 12 at night and then rolled the LR, then 2 Toyota guys found them and they rolled it 2 more times to recover it. Drove it out. They were in street clothes, one had flip flops on and no camping or recovery gear. I think they said dude and bro and about 20 times each.

Best question from these guys, "brodude, What do you think insurance will say?"

View attachment 1945131

View attachment 1945132

View attachment 1945133
Brah! Did you see the G-500 wagon that blew the front diff? Another Charlotte special, turned on every locker and floored it, tried turning on a hill climb and kaboom goes the differential

I'll add this: People still make stone arrowheads as a hobby. It's called flintknapping. Wonder what would happen if a modern day flintknapper dropped a few of his choice pieces on the bike trails or horse trails? Could an expert tell the difference? Would those trails get closed down too? What if a bunch of them were discovered along the Appalachian Trail? What about if they were dropped along I-77 where the toll road is being built? Would the project grind to a halt? When is an arrowhead just a rock and what lengths will the government go to to protect rocks that they have determined to be special rocks?

Arrowheads are just regular rocks that were manipulated in the past to be used as tools. I am thinking about graveling my driveway at home with arrowheads I find. That way they can be used as tools once again. Maybe not as hunting tools, but they will be put back to use as a tool to allow my car to make its way up into my garage. Is that wrong of me to do? Just food for thought.
just FYI, I was using "arrowheads" as a term for whatever the bone hunters look for. I have zero clue what they use to declare a site protected or not.

Last edited:
I think that OHV trails are a political football that is picked up at times when someone thinks they can gain ground by fighting against them. Throw in trails being torn up by mouth breathers and the outcome is not real hard to predict. Arrow heads are as good as any excuse to close a trail.

I do like the driveway Idea Dave.

Wow, this thread got off topic quick. Just wanted to pass along some news as the URE rep. FWIW and my gut feel from hearing many conversations, the trail was closed due to archaeology sites near by. When we cleaned up Wolf Den trail during our work day, we drove up slap pile and saw many survey flags in the woods. Terry told me that just resurveyed the entire area for archaeology sites. They dig a 3x3 ft hole, 2 ft deep and sift the dirt. If they find anything they span out until they don't find anything. Those areas then get marked as do not tread. Many trails have been moved over the years for the same reason. The govt can shut this trail system down anytime they want. The FS has to meet guidelines and show proof that all rules and regulations are being enforced to keep vehicles on the trails. I've only lived out here for 4 years but I have seen the 4x4 trail population grow significantly, especially the quads, RZR & ATV's. But as was said earlier in this thread, the native Americans have been living in these mountains for 10,000 yrs and if you dig anywhere, your going to find something. Heck, I find Bud light cans all over the place and I don't even have to dig. Let feel fortunate we have trails and do our best to maintain them, keep them clean and educate the arsholes.

Seems like there was another 'Ole Gregg sighting!

I thought it, you said it!! Greg does however always bring his tiny tent and recovery gear!

From Uwharrie Ohv Fam , others are looking out for our place to play as well

"Earlier today I did a negative post sharing my thoughts on a video posted by the person in the photo who decided to go off trail in an area he shouldn't and jump off of the ledge tumbling onto the trail. He showed blatent disregard for you, our ohv system and total disrespect for everyone's right to enjoy this system and our natural resources.
Yes, I have been trying not to promote negative behaviors but felt this one needed attention. Before he removed the video from his feed here is what I said:
He is be the reason ohv systems are becoming obsolete or getting smaller
He is the reason you see barriers on the Uwharrie instead of beautiful natural scenary when you are wheeling
He is the reason this section of trail will be questioned and deemed unsafe
He stands for everything Tread Lightly fights against
He will be the reason your children and grandchildren will not be able to enjoy the ohv system on Uwharrie
He is the reason Your experience isn't as wonderful as it could be
Yes, I when I say He I mean every person who behaves this way in a selfish, dangerous, disrespectful manner. He is everything I hope YOU are not.
Thank you to the 11 people who sent me this video, we have forwared it on to the USFS and have asked him to be cited along with still shots and FB ID."

Uwharrie Ohv Fam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom