Uwharrie: 29 April - 1 May (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Website
www.lubedealer.com
There are a couple people going to Uwharrie at end of the month. Some cant make it due to ONSC Spring Tide Run and others are holding out for GSMTR...but if you have a need for some wheeling you are welcome to join us.

Just post here so I know whether to get a Group Camp at Badin Lake or if everyone is going to do their own thing.

Individual campsites like Arrowhead can run you $33 for two nights.....but if you have 3 people it is worth getting a Badin Group Camp Site as it is $80 for two nights with up to 50 people allowed....so the more the merrier.

Most of the other attendees are Georgia and NC...I am only SC that I am aware of.

Plans:

I plan on getting there after lunch on Friday, 29 April...close to 3-4pm at latest to set up camp, relax, and help anyone that is at Eldorado find way to camp.

Saturday- Hit a couple trails in morning and again in afternoon. Easy trails first and then if anyone wants can do DANIEL in afternoon. Lunch can either be at TrailHead or back at Eldorado Outpost...they have little buffet in there with chicken, sandwiches, burgers, etc and about anything you could want.

Sunday- Usually air up, gas up, and return home...but some that are local run a short trail that morning.

Things to bring: firewood if you have it, bags for your trash, way to cook and clean up for yourself or prepare to buy and eat at Outpost.

Be sure to inspect your vehicle for fluids, tire pressures, hand brake, coolant and anything else that you might find....at the top of Dickie Bell or Daniel is not the time to remember you are low on PS fluid or your brakes dont work. It is public trail so you are riding at your own risk.
:steer:

Map of Uwharrie Trails

Eldorado Outpost for Trail Pass, Food, Firewood, Gas, etc

Camping Locations I have stayed in Arrowhead and Badin Group Camp...both have restrooms, showers, etc.

Recreation.Gov for reserving camping sites at public facilities...create an account. We are going to get the Group Camp Site....I will post which we have before the event and everyone can pitch in to cover cost once there. I will go to Eldorado Outpost two or three times Friday evening to pick up people that cant find the campsite to lead them in as needed. Cell service at camp location is sketchy.

Last edited:
We have Badin Group Camp site A reserved...if you venture to location by yourself...once you turn into Group Camp (across street from Badin Lake sites) it is the first site on right up in corner driving counter clockwise around location.

Fire pit, grills, prepared tent sites with lantern hangers in woods by pit......over flow outside of site on grass.

Hot water showers, toilets, etc in shower house in middle of area.... hand pump well at entrance to Camp A.

Reservations are from Friday afternoon through Sunday at 2pm. Enjoy.:cheers:

Thanks for doing all the leg work Brock. Full time student with 21 hours does not help. I will see you in 2 weeks. Look forward to meeting you. I will post some of this threads info on the ride thread. If anybody would like to join please let us know.

Nick

So far the ones I personally know:

1. Brock-SC
2. 2000UZJ-GA
3. YukonLX-Wash DC
4. BBQBoy (TBD)-SC
5. FJinTegaCay-SC
6. Yeti's Brother In Law and others- NC
7. JGray and others (Unk Number)- VA
8. Mylene and Thomas
9. Tabraha (TBD)
10.GearGuyWB (TBD)

Last edited:
I am in for sure now. What are you doing in DC? will you be driving from DC to URE on the 29th?

Yep...I am going up for demo for a Cross Domain Solution and meeting...so will be up there Wed night and leave either Thursday night or Friday morning to drive to Uwharrie. I will have all my gear in truck on business trip. LOL Ought to do wonders for gas mileage....LOL Will be near Tysons Corner for meeting. Suppose to meet up with one or two of the FJ Bruisers to drop off some stuff for FJ Summit on night as well....maybe Wednesday.

Looks like we are in for Friday night. Will be travelling from the Raleigh area Friday after lunch if anyone would like to lnk up. Plan on spending Friday night but we will need to leave Saturday afternoon. 2 of us and a D-O-G. Tent camping at the group site if there is room.

Thanks a bunch for setting this up!!!!

gearguywb said:
Looks like we are in for Friday night. Will be travelling from the Raleigh area Friday after lunch if anyone would like to lnk up. Plan on spending Friday night but we will need to leave Saturday afternoon. 2 of us and a D-O-G. Tent camping at the group site if there is room.

Thanks a bunch for setting this up!!!!

Plenty of room. Happy to see you joining us. Look forward to meeting/wheeling with you.

Nick

yep plenty of room...our site holds 50 ppl so bring a friend or two.

see you Friday and if not in camp by dark I will go to Outpost to look for stragglers....texting works better than phone calls at camp site if you have 2000UZJ or my cell it will help.

So if it is a group site I do not need to make reservations right? Also, is this the same camping area where we stayed when I was up there the last time? How far are the bath houses from the site?

No I already paid for the site and made reservations....everyone just shows up and you all can pitch in for the cost after you get there.

No this is different site...everyone camps together here.

Bath house, bathrooms are about 50 yards....hand pump well about 10 yards...also traditional outhouse style bathrooms from before the running water and showers in area too.

well we should have a good showing....i have lost track of the attendees from posts on 100 forum as well...but should be at least a dozen vehicles in attendance.

weather is scheduled to be rainy on Thursday and then 0% chance of rain on Friday and Saturday with temps during day near 75*F and at night in lower 50s. BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Hell yea. This will be a blast. Posted this on the 100 tech but recent reports from TacomaWorld says it's rutted and washed out. The guys went 3 months ago and said the whole game has changed up there.

gets boring if it is the same but if you go more than once a year you find it is always changing depending on who was up there....storms....etc. It is no big deal really....just go with the flow, use spotters when needed, light steady foot on throttle and have FUN!!

Perfect weather. I probably won't be wheeling if the easy trails are tore up and messy.

hello everyone! im new here and i never went off road:) so im looking forward to come out :). My set up is 3" Fox Coilover Kit w/ Upper Control Arms & Rear Shocks with Firestone Destination AT 285/70/17, and i just got my Fox installed today :). Any advice ? Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom