UTV/Side-by-side recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a rzr four and had a standard ranger. I was able to pack a quartered elk, three people, and day hunt gear in my rzr4. The ranger crew would carry a lot more gear for sure, but a 500cc ranger crew loaded, would be gutless.
P1010619_edited-2.jpg

This my work vehicle here on campus...it's used every year, all year to plow all the sidewalks.

It's a real workhorse. Not EFI, it's a 2005, but always starts with minimal maintenance. Buy a Mule with confidence.
mule1.jpg

the RZR is a ball...I'm constantly more and more impressed with it...have a 'few' more things on my upgrade list, but it's getting close to finished.

Video is from yesterday...topped out in the 45mph range on this...as they say, 'closed course, professional driver'. Goeb's (on the ATV) was letting me keep up, his Honda 4-stroke could pull away easily...

cool video and great SRV back music :cheers:

Wife and I rented a RZR when in the Watsach Mountains last weekend. This is one impressive rig - my wife even thought we should look into buying one :hmm:

RAZOR.jpg

I just picked up my first SXS Friday. It's an Odes Dominator 800. 60 HP, 60 MPH with front and rear winches and a power dump bed. It's not exactly a rock crawler, but perfect for playing, entertaining the kids and using for Ranch duties. I may just drag it to Cruise Moab 2015 behind my Hundy. I also picked up a new bedroom for my Hundy. (A 3500 sq. ft. shop with 200 amp electrical service.) This will also double as the bedroom for my Odes.

odes front.jpg
odes rear.jpg
Shop.jpg

Resuscitating this old thread rather than start a new one -

I'm at the point where I will be needing one of these soon; I'm buying 92 acres of heavily-wooded, hilly land that we will build a house on. So I don't care how fast it goes or need to do any rock crawling, I just need something that will fit easier through the trees than my 40 or FJC, has a reasonable-size bed, and hold 2-3 people. Being able to transport it on a 5'x10' trailer would also be a plus, but not a deal-breaker. I would use it for getting around on the place, scouting home site(s) initially, then later using it to haul garbage bins out to the pavement, get mail (at the pavement), and getting around on the land.

Looking at the Kawasaki Mule, but it seems to be pretty large. Maybe an older (smaller) model? Also strongly considering the Kubota RTV line, as they have several different sizes, and I already own two Kubota small tractors that I have been really happy with.

Any experience with the Kubotas or general advice for my intended purposes would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom