UTV/Side-by-side recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was at my local Kawasaki dealer and was looking at their Mule UTV/Side-by-sides. Talk about cool vehicle! Selectable 2/4 wheel drive, high/low range, locking rear diff, crew cab, hard top/door, and Diesel!!! It does have a 25 MPH governer on it, but it sure looks like a lot of tun. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I had a polaris ranger. It was a good utility vehicle, really fun but it wasn't sporty enough for me. I sold it and went with a polaris razor 4. Kawasaki also makes a teryx, it is more sporty compared to the mule. The teryx and razor will top out at sixty mph.

Polaris RZR....love it....60 mph, rock crawls awesome, lots of fun...I'm busy modding mine on RockCrawler.com :)

I believe the utility ones have speed limiters set to 25MPH max, which is more then enough for what I wanted it for.

Polaris RZR....love it....60 mph, rock crawls awesome, lots of fun...I'm busy modding mine on RockCrawler.com :)

I saw that, they are fun. I'm doing the same. Trying to find a skid plate and a-arm guards.

Can-AM just announced this:

Commander1000X_05_wallpaper.jpg

Commander 1000 X - Key Features | Can-Am ATV

The Commander is ugly IMO...but looks like fun...

and $$$ over the RZR too from what I read...

pic of mine from Razorback Ramble this past weekend...Holz Racing skids enroute (perhaps a bit late...)
P1016902.jpg

I think I'm going with holz too. I will probably order mine too late also. The commander has a lot of motor and I heard it has a rear swingarm, but ya it is pretty ugly. I am happy with what I have.

I will let you know when I get it, but mostly the 4 seats. Both of my kids love to ride fast with me.

I have had a highly modified 4-seat Rhino and after riding a RZR, there is just no comparison.

I waited on the Commander reviews and some of my friends that I trust for objective reviews (UTVweekly.com), are just not blown away by it.

I was thinking that it would be the end all...seems the suspension and size of the RZR still wins for full sport use.

I have owned Rhinos, Ranger 800's, and used a Teryx for a week at King of the Hammers last year.

RZR rules for sport use.

As for the original poster....I would look at the Ranger over the Mule. The Mule is a good, dependable rig, but it is ONE USE. Work. Ranger 800....work and haul ass if you want. Great on the trail and comfy,

I was in the market for a couple 4 wheelers but really wanted something to put my 3 and 4 year old boys in. I found a 4 seater just for the kids. I had never ridden in one till i bought one but so many people i met went on and on about them. We have put a lot of mile on it this summer and I was very surprised how fun it was. I was worried about losing the feeling of being "on" a 4 wheeler but you gain such stabilty and rally car that it can't be beat.

After seeing others I really like how the rzr sits lower and is set up to go everywhere.
DSCN0895.jpg

the RZR is a ball...I'm constantly more and more impressed with it...have a 'few' more things on my upgrade list, but it's getting close to finished.

Video is from yesterday...topped out in the 45mph range on this...as they say, 'closed course, professional driver'. Goeb's (on the ATV) was letting me keep up, his Honda 4-stroke could pull away easily...

the RZR is a ball...I'm constantly more and more impressed with it...have a 'few' more things on my upgrade list, but it's getting close to finished.

Video is from yesterday...topped out in the 45mph range on this...as they say, 'closed course, professional driver'. Goeb's (on the ATV) was letting me keep up, his Honda 4-stroke could pull away easily...

Way to go, Colin McRae. :lol: I thought for sure that you were going to go off course or ram him a few times there. :D He really could scoot out of the way in a hurry, though. :cool:

:hmm: How long did it take you to find suitable a song that lasted as long as the vid? :D

speed kills....

i was hoping you would post this so i can watch it a few times at the office. anyone looking for a side by side, dont bother with anything else...just get the razor, mod it up, and do hot laps!!

Goebs

:hmm: How long did it take you to find suitable a song that lasted as long as the vid? :D

easy...open iTunes, sort by song time, and pick one that fit :)

For 2011, the Polaris Ranger 800 Crew is setup with the lower HP version of the engine (40HP, 46MPH Top Speed) than the regular Ranger 800 (50 HP/ 55MPH Top Speed). The Ranger 800 Crew is also much bigger than the Ranger 500 Crew (32HP / 44MPH Top Speed) with about the same speed.

The Ranger 800 Crew seats 6 (3+3) while the Ranger 500 Crew seats 4 (2+2). Since I only need the seating capacityh of 4, I'm leaning towards the Ranger 500 Crew. Yes I know the Polaris Ranger RZR 4 800 with 53HP / 61MPH Top Speed is available, but I don't think I'll ever go over 40MPG with my kids on it!

Poser shot:p
016.jpg

If'n you all had a choice, and the use was for packing in an elk camp to 7,000 ft in the Idaho mountains, a RZR4 or a Ranger 500 crew?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom