SOLD Utah: 2020 Opus OP4 Offroad Trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Salt Lake City area, Utah
SOLD APRIL 4 2023 / $27,000

HUa3SI7.jpg

jGITkrm.jpg

Jbd0b4t.jpg

Exterior:
  • Kitchen slide with stove and sink
  • Dometic CFX50W 46L fridge with upgraded marine power socket
  • 2x jerry can carriers
  • 1x propane tank carrier
  • Storage compartment with slide
  • Shower
  • 2x 20 gallon water tanks
  • Cargo rack

0e3SCIe.jpg

hmVyTmk.jpg

DL5tHTH.jpg

0X5N7so.jpg

7qfAzOm.jpg

sOZiWw1.jpg

* Upgraded tires to BFG KM3, with less than 1,000 miles on them

* Upgraded original Lock N Roll trailer hitch to a Cruisemaster D035

Interior:
  • 2x beds with upgraded Exped Megamat Duo mattresses - super comfortable, and cost $500/ea.
  • Table with a seating area
  • Bluetooth head unit with speakers
  • Interior lighting
  • Double pane windows with a screen option, a clear plastic window option, and a canvas “closed” option
  • Cassette toilet (or an extra storage space if you don’t want that)
  • Propane Heater
Specs from Opus:
  • Dry weight: 3100 lbs
  • GVWR: 4200 lbs
Problem areas - wear and tear, typical trailer stuff:
  • The suspension arms could use a repaint after getting hit with rocks and dirt while offroad.
  • I would upgrade the jockey wheel if I were to keep it. It’s fine but a little short when used with taller vehicles. Don’t mind my sketchy stacked orange blocks
  • Pin-striping from tight trails and a few areas where paint has flaked or chipped off

kNRdYuD.jpg

We have loved this trailer and taken it all over Utah for the last couple years. It tows well and the suspension is great offroad. I’ve towed it anywhere my Tacoma or 200 would go from forest service roads to medium trails. Not in a huge rush to sell as I still enjoy using it, but we’re looking at buying or building a cabin.

Once you get used to the process, you can have it parked and ready to go in 15 minutes. That’s everything from leveling, chocking, unfolding, inflating, and pulling out the kitchen etc. The inflating process itself only takes about 3 minutes and is automated with a built-in compressor.

On road, the trailer pulls nicely. The only thing you have to watch out for is weight distribution of the water tanks - always use the rear water first. It tows great with the front tank full and the rear empty, but not vice versa. But that’s elementary trailer stuff, I know I’m preaching to the choir.

The OP4 makes for a perfect base camp style trailer. Drop this off and have 2-4 days of camping with this as your home, complete with 8 foot ceilings. It’s relatively secure - obviously someone could cut open the canvas and get in but I’ve left it unattended while out for the day and it’s been fine. You can close the door, close up the stairs/hatch and lock it all up, with enough room to put mountain bikes or gear inside if you need to lock stuff up.

The heater is one of the best parts of this setup. I’ve had it down to 30° temps and I can sleep in a t shirt and shorts with just a light sleeping bag.

Happy to answer any questions or show it in person.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom