USR Tail Lights don't snap in? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I can't find anyone else with this issue on the forum, but I'm wondering if someone can shed some light on my issue.

I received my USR tail lights today (20032009 Lexus GX470 JDM Style Matte Black Housing with Light Smoke Lens LED Tail Lights - https://www.uniquestyleracingstore.com/products/2003-2009-lexus-gx470-jdm-style-matte-black-housing-with-light-smoke-lens-led-tail-lights-made-by-usr?variant=41412408344713). The left (drive's side) fit just fine. At first it wouldn't mount correctly, but I quickly realized that the issue was with the cable being in the way. Tucked it away and it popped into place no problem.

My issue is on the right (passenger's side) light. The plastic housing "pops" into place on the two mounting pieces, but quickly snaps back out. It feels like the plastic where the screw holes are, are just too tight, which causes the housing to pop back off. I tried shaving down some plastic areas on the light housing thinking it would fit better. I tried using a grinder to take some metal off of the light's mounting section itself. Nothing is working.

The only thing I can see different on the OEM light (pictured on the left) vs the USR light (right) is the small little clip in the red circle. This small clip links onto the center hole in the mounting area. But there's no way to mount it onto the new light unless I super glue it or something.. somehow.

I've tried just jamming it all in, and screwing it on, but the issue is that the tightness of the screws automatically forces the light to pop out of place.

I'm at a loss; has anyone experienced this? USR has not responded to my e-mail yet.
PXL_20231215_163651667.MP.jpg

PXL_20231215_163657755.MP.jpg

PXL_20231215_163704497.jpg

Good luck with them. I had a horrible experience with a set of headlamps I bought. Had to warranty the first set after a month (fingerprints and cracks on the inside). They made me pay a $400.00 deposit to warranty them and then ghosted me for 6 weeks trying to get my deposit back. Now I’m 8 months in and the second set of headlamps are peeling already. The yahoo I worked with was Mark. Gave me nothing but excuses. Take a look at there google reviews, better business bureau, etc. Horrible.
I should have done my homework before I bought them.
Anyways… my 2 cents!

I apologize.. I can’t help you fix your problem. Touchy subject
Nahh don't sweat it. Sorry you're dealing with that! I'm hoping that I'm just doing something dumb here.. there has to be some sort of plastic part I can remove to get them to click..

I had this exact issue with the tails. Same side, too. Ended up widening the little clip slots - forget what size drill bit I used. I made them a little bit deeper and larger. They slotted in and I haven’t had an issue since.

Their customer support was *awful*. I decided that if widening them didn’t work, I’d just do a charge back.

Too bad these things don't fit well and have crappy service - they do look awesome, especially on a darker GX. I ended up putting new Auxito LED bulbs in my OEM lights and leaving it at that. It would be nice if someone made a quality set of smoked tails for these.

The headlamps there using are Depos. They send them out to get modified. Disassembled, painted, etc. Supposedly most of my ghost time was waiting to hear back from that company they use. They looked really good when I first installed them, especially on a black truck. Went south quick. I almost bought the whole package, front and rears, glad I didn’t!
I’m unfortunately I gave them a good review on there website with a picture of my truck. I emailed them numerous times to take it off and they won’t! Imagine that!
Live and learn. I should have know better. Got real excited after installing them.

Just FYI, my GX has a set of Depos on it but I DIY'd the blackout. It was actually pretty easy and cost around $50. The only special tool needed is a heat gun to soften the butyl rubber during assembly and disassembly.

The quality of that paint also looks kind of crummy relative to what I got out of a spray can of Dupli-Color satin black wheel paint (orange peel). That being said, I did take the time to get everything near-perfectly prepped and painted.

My son did that to his IS300 and turned out better than the ones I bought! He still gives me a hard time about it. Like I said… touchy subject!!!!!

I had this exact issue with the tails. Same side, too. Ended up widening the little clip slots - forget what size drill bit I used. I made them a little bit deeper and larger. They slotted in and I haven’t had an issue since.

Their customer support was *awful*. I decided that if widening them didn’t work, I’d just do a charge back.
Any chance you can elaborate a bit? You widened the clip slot holes which is (i'm guessing without them in front of me) 1/4". How much more did you open them? Wouldn't widening the hole not allow them to clip on?

Update -

I ended up drilling the mounting screw holes wider, so the light can sit in place at an "acceptable" spot. The passenger side isn't flush which bothers me, but it will work for now until USR can get back to me.

PXL_20231217_170335317.jpg

Drivers side.. very clean.

PXL_20231217_170347693.jpg

Noticable big gap. Maybe I can plug that up, but I don't have any ideas yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom