Update on GROM vline infotainment system for 2003 LX470 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Cant recall if there has been any new updates regarding upgrading the stock navigation system in the 03 LX470. But I contracted Grom and this is the link to the system they say will work for those of us with the stock NAV in a 2003.

I am going to purchase soon while they have a 50% off code and post the install process and reviews for those interested. Cheers!

I assume that you've read through this thread?

I assume that you've read through this thread?
Yes, and because of that thread I posted this. If I am behind the power curb... oh well. At the time I read through it I had not seen anyone buying the new updated version they offer for the 03 LX with factory navigation.

Cant recall if there has been any new updates regarding upgrading the stock navigation system in the 03 LX470. But I contracted Grom and this is the link to the system they say will work for those of us with the stock NAV in a 2003.

I am going to purchase soon while they have a 50% off code and post the install process and reviews for those interested. Cheers!
When you do, can you give us a quick review? I have done hours or research on this topic and feel this may be the best option for me but $599 is a lot and before I pull the trigger I would love hear your feelings about it.

When you do, can you give us a quick review? I have done hours or research on this topic and feel this may be the best option for me but $599 is a lot and before I pull the trigger I would love hear your feelings about it.

The thread that @jLB references above is where to get the best info. FWIW, I bought the VL2 back in November. No regrets, even at full price. CarPlay all day makes it feel/function like a modern car.

The thread that @jLB references above is where to get the best info. FWIW, I bought the VL2 back in November. No regrets, even at full price. CarPlay all day makes it feel/function like a modern car.
apple or android?

I'll post an update when i install it. Got busy with other upgrades.

Finally installed it today

20190803_131434.jpg

20190803_154738.jpg

20190803_131513.jpg

20190803_134554.jpg

Drool....
Do you have more screenshots of where it installs and how big the unit is? Also screenshots of the various places in the OS?

Thanks.

Drool....
Do you have more screenshots of where it installs and how big the unit is? Also screenshots of the various places in the OS?

Thanks.
Didnt take a good photo of the bottom plug location. But it's fairly easy to figure out using the instructions. I'll take some photos of the OS later, I'm also thinking of making a video review.

20190804_065431.jpg

20190804_191725.jpg

20190803_134606.jpg

20190803_122204.jpg

20190803_122206.jpg

curious how this unit interfaces with the old Navi unit under the seat? does it replace that unit completely?

It doesn't, or at least it doesn't have to. VLine replaces the disc changer plug so the car functions as built until you select discs. Then you get teleported into the present day.

Bump.

@Espi SERE - Did you end up making a video of this install? I've got a 2003 LC and Im considering doing the install. Curious how long it took and how complex it was.

Thanks!
Sorry I did not make a video, install was not hard at all. The kit was plug and play. The biggest challenge was deciding where to install the vLine. I chose to install the glove box. I will say this also it was a pain to set up accounts due to my sausage fingers and the angle of the screen in relation to the keyboard when inputting emails and passwords I would recommend a stylus. Hit me up if you have any questions or would like to see the glove box set up

Sorry I did not make a video, install was not hard at all. The kit was plug and play. The biggest challenge was deciding where to install the vLine. I chose to install the glove box. I will say this also it was a pain to set up accounts due to my sausage fingers and the angle of the screen in relation to the keyboard when inputting emails and passwords I would recommend a stylus. Hit me up if you have any questions or would like to see the glove box set up
Would you be able to post some pics of the unit in the glove box? how did you install the unit to the glove box walls?
Most importantly, how do you like the system?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom