Universal Glow Plug Timer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know of a good universal glow plug timer? Bogaard DGT2 is what I've used before and they no longer seem to be around. I've also used another brand out of Australia, Redarc but they no longer make a timer. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Scott

Last edited:
Wilson switch is pretty universal.
Yeah, my wife drives it a lot so I was trying to keep it key switched. If I do go the Wilson Switch route I’d like to at least get a glow resistor/indicator so it’s not just a random push button count, but at least an actual indication of the glow plug glowing.

Thanks

Yeah, my wife drives it a lot so I was trying to keep it key switched. If I do go the Wilson Switch route I’d like to at least get a glow resistor/indicator so it’s not just a random push button count, but at least an actual indication of the glow plug glowing.

Thanks
I am sure she can manage to count! I wish my wife would drive my cruiser.

But I imagine there is all sorts of indicators available, my old b engine had a little wire indicator which would glow when time to crank, simple.
Could probably get or make something which whistles a tune, when time to crank..replicate a bugle cavalry charge or rooster if you really wish to be taken serious.. a 'boiing' would be cool, frog..the potential is unlimited. 😁

Really like and prefer wilson switch. At least I can control something in this world.

I am sure she can manage to count! I wish my wife would drive my cruiser.

But I imagine there is all sorts of indicators available, my old b engine had a little wire indicator which would glow when time to crank, simple.
Could probably get or make something which whistles a tune, when time to crank..replicate a bugle cavalry charge or rooster if you really wish to be taken serious.. a 'boiing' would be cool, frog..the potential is unlimited. 😁

Really like and prefer wilson switch. At least I can control something in this world.
The problem is, the more inconvenient it is, the less she will drive it, so pushing a button and counting is just one more inconvenience. Just the way it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom